All about NTFS

Joe fannta

6 posts in this topic

after searching about write support for NTFS on mac OS I couldnt find a clear answer so I ask u guys how is it with read/write NTFS partitions.I have installed iPC 10.5.6 and Im able to connect over network on my HDD with NTFS partition and i can read and write on it.but my other hard drive in my hackintosh is read-only and i cant change it.didnt install any 3rd party apps like mac fuse...

thnx for your opinions

AFAIK, a mac can read an NTFS drive, but it can't write to it. For writing cross platform, you'll need a FAT32 partition, but remember you'll have a 4 GB cap for file size.

..then i dont understand how can i write/paste something on my HDD with NTFS partittion which is on network.

Easy you're not writing to a Physical drive on your machine, which does not have NTFS write privileges, you are writing to a network drive, which is shared and made READ/WRITE by the OS on that machine regardless of the OS that is linked to it!

SticMAC

..then i dont understand how can i write/paste something on my HDD with NTFS partittion which is on network.