Help with iPC config

rthally94

3 posts in this topic

I have tried installing iPC 10.5.6 on my custom computer. I tried to install leopard on here so I could run ProPresenter for the performances and GarageBand on iLife09 to make some of the songs for the band. I have had somewhat of success but my built in audio did not work. I also tried to install ProPresenter v. 3.5.1 and it will no start due to an unexpected application crash. The system preferences crashes when i try to access the screen saver menu. If someone could tell me the best working setup configuration it would be greatly appreciated.

here are my specs

motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Processor: AMD Athlon 64FX/AMD Athlon 64

Audio: built in Realtek ALC850 8-channel CODEC (surround for movies and mixing surround tracks would be appreciated).

Lan: built in NVIDIA nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

Video: Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT PCIE

Disk Drive: Samsung writemaster lightscribe Sata.

HDD: dual 150gig HDD on IDE

I will be using an external HDD via usb for media clips and for encoding the finished beats.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated do to the need to produce more music for the album. If you need any more information please post a reply.

Thanks,

Ryan

I have tried installing iPC 10.5.6 on my custom computer. I tried to install leopard on here so I could run ProPresenter for the performances and GarageBand on iLife09 to make some of the songs for the band. I have had somewhat of success but my built in audio did not work. I also tried to install ProPresenter v. 3.5.1 and it will no start due to an unexpected application crash. The system preferences crashes when i try to access the screen saver menu. If someone could tell me the best working setup configuration it would be greatly appreciated.

here are my specs

motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Processor: AMD Athlon 64FX/AMD Athlon 64

Audio: built in Realtek ALC850 8-channel CODEC (surround for movies and mixing surround tracks would be appreciated).

Lan: built in NVIDIA nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

Video: Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT PCIE

Disk Drive: Samsung writemaster lightscribe Sata.

HDD: dual 150gig HDD on IDE

I will be using an external HDD via usb for media clips and for encoding the finished beats.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated do to the need to produce more music for the album. If you need any more information please post a reply.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sounds like the correct video drivers are not installed. For sound, check to see in preferences (when you have video card working right) that sound is set to speakers and no headphones..

Sounds like the correct video drivers are not installed. For sound, check to see in preferences (when you have video card working right) that sound is set to speakers and no headphones..

I installed and there weren't any devices listed under sound and there weren't any in the system profiler. The display driver should work because the device is found and I am able to change the display settings(resolution, wallpaper, etc.).