Intel G31/ICH7 halts at "waiting for boot vol with uuid..."

mikeh420

8 posts in this topic

I've tried installing several versions of osx86, most reboot before going into 80x132 (?) mode, and with the Leo4AllV3 10.5.2 I get as far as "waiting for boot vol with uuid..." then it halts. I have:

Biostar G31-M7 TE M/B with Intel G31/ICH7 chipset and Pentium Dual Core E5200

2 GB PC6400 RAM

Seagate 500GB SATA

Samsung DVDR IDE

Intel® 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA Storage Controller

I am using cpus=1 -v at the command line. I have also tried V1, 2, and 3 of ACPI in BIOS settings

I had 10.4.6 running on my previous system with a P4/Celeron, just no USB, so I am hoping this newer M/B will fare a little better. Any tricks or hints appreciated.

Thanx in advance

I disabled Legacy USB support in the BIOS and installed and got as far as the gray Apple screen, without a spinning disk or mouse cursor. Getting closer. It has lots of choices for sound, video, etc. I'll have to find out exactly what I have.

This time I'm using XxX 10.5.6

I disabled Legacy USB support in the BIOS and installed and got as far as the gray Apple screen, without a spinning disk or mouse cursor. Getting closer. It has lots of choices for sound, video, etc. I'll have to find out exactly what I have.

This time I'm using XxX 10.5.6

I have had luck with this kext I guess it is the most recent ich ata driver, it was the only way i got mine to boot at all with a boot 1-3-2 cd. Hope it works for you too. You will still have to use cpus=1 though I haven't used the fix for that yet... I used SlimbuildGUI-1 to create the boot 1-3-2 cd it was really easy!

IOATAFamily.kext.zip

I have had luck with this kext I guess it is the most recent ich ata driver, it was the only way i got mine to boot at all with a boot 1-3-2 cd. Hope it works for you too. You will still have to use cpus=1 though I haven't used the fix for that yet... I used SlimbuildGUI-1 to create the boot 1-3-2 cd it was really easy!

I guess I've been lucky, I've never had to deal with kernel exts. yet. How do I add this one?

so far I've gotten to the gray Apple logo screen with a spinning wheel, in -v mode I get to "xxxx buffers and xxxx IO buffers" or something similar

I guess I've been lucky, I've never had to deal with kernel exts. yet. How do I add this one?

so far I've gotten to the gray Apple logo screen with a spinning wheel, in -v mode I get to "xxxx buffers and xxxx IO buffers" or something similar

Like I said, use the SlimbuildGUI-1 app to create your own boot-132 cd you can tell it what kexts to add to the cd. You need os x installed somewhere already though. If not look at the boot 132 threads in this forum and download a recent iso that might have that same kext I attached on my last post.

Here I have attached my boot 132 iso that I had luck with, just burn it on a cd and boot from it. After it is done loading insert your xxx osx install dvd, then press F8 then escape and then return. Your dvd should boot and you should be able to install it. Make sure you select the ichx drivers when you install it. Good luck.

SlimBuild_Preboot.iso.zip

Like I said, use the SlimbuildGUI-1 app to create your own boot-132 cd you can tell it what kexts to add to the cd. You need os x installed somewhere already though. If not look at the boot 132 threads in this forum and download a recent iso that might have that same kext I attached on my last post.

Here I have attached my boot 132 iso that I had luck with, just burn it on a cd and boot from it. After it is done loading insert your xxx osx install dvd, then press F8 then escape and then return. Your dvd should boot and you should be able to install it. Make sure you select the ichx drivers when you install it. Good luck.

thanx, I'll give it a try later. will let you know whether I get it working.

after booting from the boot132 disk, it gave a message that it was missing a file.

after booting from the boot132 disk, it gave a message that it was missing a file.

Push F8 and then press Escape. Then insert your installation dvd and type -v cpus=1 followed by enter. The installer should load after a little while.