Imac Mod

5 posts in this topic

Nothing is impossible.

But you should consider the facts, though. Buying a 1500$-2000$ iMac plus a Mac Pro case isn't worth the effort.

You'll be better on, if you spend about 800$ for Hardware and build yourself a Hackintosh with decent hardware.

In addition, in case you already own an iMac: It's a crime to cripple an iMac like that. Seriously, leave the iMac right where it is. Don't do it.

And if you really wanna have a cheap PC in a Mac Pro case go for a 'normal' Hackintosh.

/Thath0r

Nothing is impossible.

But you should consider the facts, though. Buying a 1500$-2000$ iMac plus a Mac Pro case isn't worth the effort.

You'll be better on, if you spend about 800$ for Hardware and build yourself a Hackintosh with decent hardware.

In addition, in case you already own an iMac: It's a crime to cripple an iMac like that. Seriously, leave the iMac right where it is. Don't do it.

And if you really wanna have a cheap PC in a Mac Pro case go for a 'normal' Hackintosh.

/Thath0r

Yeah thanks the Imac is a stunning piece of kit , I am glad I bought it now, I am thinking of getting a mac pro case and turning it into a file server just need to money now lol

The iMac MB is very small. just mount it on a wood back and screw it into the Mac Pro case. Not too sure how the connectors and ports are gonna work

Is it possible to put an Imac into a Mac Pro Case the reason I want to do this is that I love the look of the Mac pro and I want to add 2 drives and add more ram and have two monitors.

Just per curiosity, you can add extra drives via USB or connect one of them onto the DVD drive connector and eventually connect the DVD drive via USB, but I am wondering how you will add a second monitor to the iMac Mobo.