How to install OSX in Acer Aspire 4930G

mikextr23

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I have been trying to search through most of the current topics in the forum but unfortunately i haven't found and topics involving my laptop. I saw a lot of tutorials on HP and DELL laptops but non on my laptop (Acer Aspire 4930G). I really would like to install OSX but i'm bit scared coz i might mess up my laptop. I already downloaded "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" and "kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate" but i don't know how to use it and where to start. Is it the same way as in HP and dell installation? I'm afraid that most of my specs won't support OSX. If there' anybody who has experience here in installing OSX in Acer Aspire 4930G, I would greatly appreciate it if you can share me your step-by-step. I am planning to have dual boot >> Vista premium and then MAC OSX.

I have Intel core 2 Duo T5800 2.0GHz 2MB L2 cache

320GB HDD

GeForce 9300M GS

3GB Memory

802.11a/b/g/Draft-N wlan

Thank you very much in advance!

mike

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First off.. yes it can be done.

I've tried several different builds that includes Kalyway 10.5.1 & 10.5.2 and iDeneb v1.4 successfully

But.. some components might not work even after installing some of the extra plugins, kext, etc.

As of now, the components that don't work are

- sound/sound card + mic

- non-keyboard buttons (acer empower, acer arcade, email + internet shortcut buttons)

- fingerprint sensor

I dual-booted OS X in the same way as most of the other guides here (it's pretty standard), and I've used both the Vista and 7 boot manager to use OS X.

Some things you might want to be careful of:

- when creating partitions, be careful not to delete the acer e-recovery partition

- acer 4930g is extremely hot! use leopard in a cool room or not for very long periods because you're not able to toggle power settings and... (this is my suspicion) sometimes the fan doesn't really work at full speed (but this might be just me)

Finally, if you're intending to do virtualisation via virtual pc or vmware, take note that the bios doesn't support it. New versions might, but I've not upgraded yet.

• 8 months later...
First off.. yes it can be done.

I've tried several different builds that includes Kalyway 10.5.1 & 10.5.2 and iDeneb v1.4 successfully

But.. some components might not work even after installing some of the extra plugins, kext, etc.

As of now, the components that don't work are

- sound/sound card + mic

- non-keyboard buttons (acer empower, acer arcade, email + internet shortcut buttons)

- fingerprint sensor

I dual-booted OS X in the same way as most of the other guides here (it's pretty standard), and I've used both the Vista and 7 boot manager to use OS X.

Some things you might want to be careful of:

- when creating partitions, be careful not to delete the acer e-recovery partition

- acer 4930g is extremely hot! use leopard in a cool room or not for very long periods because you're not able to toggle power settings and... (this is my suspicion) sometimes the fan doesn't really work at full speed (but this might be just me)

Finally, if you're intending to do virtualisation via virtual pc or vmware, take note that the bios doesn't support it. New versions might, but I've not upgraded yet.

i have read your post, and im quite thankful for your infos.. Im here to asure you guys out there that what he said was true.. Ive tried to install osx (the retail 10.6.4) and few arent working: wifi, acer E tools,..

Im going to try iATKOS S3 v2 to confirm if everything else is working..