widget opens realplayer and quicktime at the same time

Penguin X

2 posts in this topic

I'm kinda stuck on this one..Because of the widget "french radio stations" (a webradio) which doesn't exist for the apple dashboard, I installed yahoo widgets. Which was easy and runs well.On the first start of the webradio-widget I was asked where to find Realplayer. I'm not sure if yahoo widgets asked that or any integrated finder-thing. Well, I hadn't installed realplayer then, but thought, quicktime would do just as fine, so I pointed the application to quicktime, claiming "Well, there you have it!". But it turned out, quicktime wasn't able to play m3u-lists. So I relaunched the widget after hiding from it away quicktime, so that it would aske me again, only this time it didn't ask for realplayer, it asked for quicktime!? Which in the meantime I had installed. So I told the app to take realplayer in the name of quicktime. Unfortunately, realplayer also wasn't able to play m3u.Then doubts crossed my mind about hiding quicktime, because it might turn out, Itunes would need it as a movie engine. So I re-trashed it.Now, whenever I start the said widget it * simultaneously opens Quicktime and Realplayer* failing to play the webplaylist!I don't know if it has sth to do with MIME-types or where I could fix it. I'd just love this widget to knowingly open Itunes. Or vlc. I know my way around the linux console, but I'm not familiar with how things work on the "Mac".Does any of this make sense to you? Please help.Regards, Henry