Can i install Tiger on my system?

minglemonkey

4 posts in this topic

Hello

yes im new here but ive been trying to install leopard for a long time now and i get to the end of the installation and when it first trys to boot up into the operation system i get the apple logo and the spinning wheel underneath it and after about 3 mins a circle with a line through the middle appears underneath the apple logo and it just stays that way...

so i gave up on that but i still want os x on my system so i thought could i install tiger on my pc

these are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz 3.32 GHz

RAM: 512 MB

Motherboard: PACKARD BELL BV ISTART 1369

i dont know any other specs if there is any lol please get back to me soon!!! thanks :D

I don't think your Celeron D card is SSE2 or SSE3 supported. Try running "CPU-Z" to find out if it is. By the way, are you using a retail disc, or what distro of Mac did you download (ex Kalyway, JaS).

I could help you, if you could give me the error messages. To do that, at the Darwine loader, press F8. Then type in, boot: -v

you could do a Print Screen or just copy the errors down and post them here. Also, you may want at LEAST a gig of ram (I have 2 and it still lags a tiny bit). another thing would be getting a new graphics card, so you can have the dock effects enabled....

I don't think your Celeron D card is SSE2 or SSE3 supported. Try running "CPU-Z" to find out if it is. By the way, are you using a retail disc, or what distro of Mac did you download (ex Kalyway, JaS).

I could help you, if you could give me the error messages. To do that, at the Darwine loader, press F8. Then type in, boot: -v

you could do a Print Screen or just copy the errors down and post them here. Also, you may want at LEAST a gig of ram (I have 2 and it still lags a tiny bit). another thing would be getting a new graphics card, so you can have the dock effects enabled....

i checked on CPU-Z and i think it is SSE2 supported

im not using a retail disc i cant afford one :( i used iatkos v5i to install leopard but i would get right to the end of installing it but when it trys to boot up for the first time i get the apple logo for about 3 mins and then a circle with a line through it and it would just stay like that

i would show you the error but im to scared of trying it again because i mess up the partitions and ruin my windows partition but i would rather run tiger because i think it looks nicer im getting some more RAM and a new graphics card soon so that wont be a problem for to long but while im waiting to get the ram and the graphics card do you think i would be able to run tiger? sorry if ive gotten anything wrong im really new to messing around with this type of stuff thanks ;)

Hello

yes im new here but ive been trying to install leopard for a long time now and i get to the end of the installation and when it first trys to boot up into the operation system i get the apple logo and the spinning wheel underneath it and after about 3 mins a circle with a line through the middle appears underneath the apple logo and it just stays that way...

so i gave up on that but i still want os x on my system so i thought could i install tiger on my pc

these are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz 3.32 GHz

RAM: 512 MB

Motherboard: PACKARD BELL BV ISTART 1369

i dont know any other specs if there is any lol please get back to me soon!!! thanks :wacko: