Installation Freezes .mkext from 4230a80

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this and trying to install 10.5.6 on my HP laptop. I've burned the image twice and the same thing happens, when I boot with the disk and select -v, it freezes here:

Hfs+ file [/system/library/extensions.mkext] from 4230a80

After a few seconds the dvd stops spinning and my screen no longer updates (I let it sit at this screen for 30 minutes and nothing happened).

My system is a HP G60 120US laptop, AMD Turion x2, 64bit, 2.00ghz, 4gb ram, 60gb ssd (should this be partitioned, if so, how?)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

I'm new to this and trying to install 10.5.6 on my HP laptop. I've burned the image twice and the same thing happens, when I boot with the disk and select -v, it freezes here:

Hfs+ file [/system/library/extensions.mkext] from 4230a80

After a few seconds the dvd stops spinning and my screen no longer updates (I let it sit at this screen for 30 minutes and nothing happened).

My system is a HP G60 120US laptop, AMD Turion x2, 64bit, 2.00ghz, 4gb ram, 60gb ssd (should this be partitioned, if so, how?)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you burn the DVD at ≤ x4 speed?

Partition as GPT or MBR and format as Mac Extended (Journaled)......but I do not know if the usual SATA/PATA disk controller kexts on OS X install distros work with SSDs......perhaps somebody else knows the answer?

Did you burn the DVD at ≤ x4 speed?

Partition as GPT or MBR and format as Mac Extended (Journaled)......but I do not know if the usual SATA/PATA disk controller kexts on OS X install distros work with SSDs......perhaps somebody else knows the answer?

Yea, I burned it twice as 4x. Same thing happened. How do I partition as GPT or MBR and format as Mac Extended?

Yea, I burned it twice as 4x. Same thing happened. How do I partition as GPT or MBR and format as Mac Extended?

I would suggest partition the SSD as a simple primary NTFS or FAT32 volume, and then boot the OS X Install DVD and see if Disk Utility then "sees" the SSD......if it does, then use Partition tab in Disk Utility to partition as GPT or MBR and format as Mac Extended.....