Hello helpful people :)

So here is my rig:

Core 2 Duo E8400 at 3.8GHz

4GB of OCZ reaper RAM (4x1)

SLI Nvidia 8800GT cards

680i SLI mobo

SATA DVD-RW (from HP)

80GB IDE hard drive

So I burned a Kaly Leopard 10.5.1 disc and tried to install the bugger many many times. I format for MBR and select MBR during the customize phase of the installation. The 80GB HDD is just for the Leapord, nothing else. Basically, I can get through the entire 45 minute or so installation and it does the reboot where it counts down from 30 seconds or you just hit the reboot button.

After the reboot it comes up with an error with a bunch of slashes in it (wish i wrote it down but it only seems to do it once.... then next reboot it does something different) Something like Apple\com\blah blah. Whatever, I reboot to attempt the -V option and whatever else I can attempt and it just keeps on rebooting. Even if I block the startup by pressing a key and have the options for -V, it displays text for like 1/4 of a second and reboots. It basically doesn't get anywhere.

No searches returned any useful info. Any ideas on why it just keeps rebooting? Should I keep the DVD-R burned disc in the drive? I don't know what to do at this point but I am not done fighting.

As for the customization screen during installation I select the things I think fit the best (both kernals, some kind of AL sound driver maybe, and Nvidia drivers. Thanks!!! I will give you any info you need to help out.

Hello helpful people :D

So here is my rig:

Core 2 Duo E8400 at 3.8GHz

4GB of OCZ reaper RAM (4x1)

SLI Nvidia 8800GT cards

680i SLI mobo

SATA DVD-RW (from HP)

80GB IDE hard drive

So I burned a Kaly Leopard 10.5.1 disc and tried to install the bugger many many times. I format for MBR and select MBR during the customize phase of the installation. The 80GB HDD is just for the Leapord, nothing else. Basically, I can get through the entire 45 minute or so installation and it does the reboot where it counts down from 30 seconds or you just hit the reboot button.

After the reboot it comes up with an error with a bunch of slashes in it (wish i wrote it down but it only seems to do it once.... then next reboot it does something different) Something like Apple\com\blah blah. Whatever, I reboot to attempt the -V option and whatever else I can attempt and it just keeps on rebooting. Even if I block the startup by pressing a key and have the options for -V, it displays text for like 1/4 of a second and reboots. It basically doesn't get anywhere.

No searches returned any useful info. Any ideas on why it just keeps rebooting? Should I keep the DVD-R burned disc in the drive? I don't know what to do at this point but I am not done fighting.

As for the customization screen during installation I select the things I think fit the best (both kernals, some kind of AL sound driver maybe, and Nvidia drivers. Thanks!!! I will give you any info you need to help out.

Read my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread from Post 1 and my blog install guides..... :)