Hard disk not showing up

gfxl

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm using ideneb 1.4 and I can't get passed the Disk Utility stage. Nothing shows up on the left side of the Disk Utility window. I have an empty NTFS partition named Leopard in which I wish to install Leopard on.

My PC:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Asus P5Q P45+ICH10R

ATI HD4870 512MB

2x2GB G.Skill PC-6400

500GB + 640GB WD Cavier SE 7200rpm

Creative X-fi Xtreme Music

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have windows 7 installed at the moment. What would be the best way to dual boot both OSes? I'm guessing once I install OS X I won't be able to boot into windows.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm using ideneb 1.4 and I can't get passed the Disk Utility stage. Nothing shows up on the left side of the Disk Utility window. I have an empty NTFS partition named Leopard in which I wish to install Leopard on.

My PC:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Asus P5Q P45+ICH10R

ATI HD4870 512MB

2x2GB G.Skill PC-6400

500GB + 640GB WD Cavier SE 7200rpm

Creative X-fi Xtreme Music

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have windows 7 installed at the moment. What would be the best way to dual boot both OSes? I'm guessing once I install OS X I won't be able to boot into windows.

Thanks.

leopard doesn't use NTFS. Also, make sure u set AHCI mode on in your bios.

The easiest way is to keep OS X and Windows on separate drives.

Clone your Windows installation to a secondary drive using the appropriate software, or buy a second hard drive and install OS X on that.

Go here for multiboot issues and questions:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=104

Hi again, I managed to install OS X and set up a dual boot with windows 7 without any problems but I get stuck at the apple logo. Nothing happens and it doesn't seem like the hard drives are loading anything. Don't know if that's the AHCI.

Any ideas on what I can do from here?

Also, I didn't select any video drivers during the install since I didn't see any for my card (HD4870) was that a good choice?

Hi again, I managed to install OS X and set up a dual boot with windows 7 without any problems but I get stuck at the apple logo. Nothing happens and it doesn't seem like the hard drives are loading anything. Don't know if that's the AHCI.

Any ideas on what I can do from here?

Also, I didn't select any video drivers during the install since I didn't see any for my card (HD4870) was that a good choice?

Make sure you choose your video card. If you see a small no entry kind of logo that pops up, that probably means you screwed the driver selection. Again, you need to set AHCI in your bios to b able to boot it correctly. I also think you should use different drives to avoid any complications.