iPC 5.6 Final Boot with black screen & freeze

DoctorMad

10 posts in this topic

I just install the iPC OSX 5.6 Final on my Intel PC and getting a "big" Problem. After the install finish every time during the boot the computer like Mac boot screen show up for 30 sec then freeze and turn into black and light blue screen for 3~5mins. After the freeze and lag gone it boot in mac as normal (operating normal)like the early version that I used. I try to boot with option -V but there no error showing and after the text scroll and the blue and light blue screen showing again. Is there anyone can tell what is wrong with this?

Hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

CPU: Intel Q6600

Memory: 6GB DDR2 800

Video card: EVGA Geforce 8600 256mb

I just install the iPC OSX 5.6 Final on my Intel PC and getting a "big" Problem. After the install finish every time during the boot the computer like Mac boot screen show up for 30 sec then freeze and turn into black and light blue screen for 3~5mins. After the freeze and lag gone it boot in mac as normal (operating normal)like the early version that I used. I try to boot with option -V but there no error showing and after the text scroll and the blue and light blue screen showing again. Is there anyone can tell what is wrong with this?

Hardware:

I need to know the kexts you used and drivers when customizing.

I found once when I updated that it was the kext that was causing the problem. Using an older one is sometimes the safer option. Consider it....tell me how it goes.

I didn't use any kext so far.

During the Customize Setup I just clicks the following option:

iPC 5.6 Basic system

2 Lanuages (Chinese and Japanese)

Video driver is NVdarwin 256MB

Firewire Mount Fix

Kext helper B7

OSx86 Tool Utility

NTFS-3G + MacFuse

CPU-X

Universal OSx86 Installer

That is all I select during the Installation. The problem that I mention happen after installation done on first boot and each time it boot. I have try like 10+ times with different settings(keep select less option) but still no luck to fix this.

I didn't use any kext so far.

During the Customize Setup I just clicks the following option:

iPC 5.6 Basic system

2 Lanuages (Chinese and Japanese)

Video driver is NVdarwin 256MB

Firewire Mount Fix

Kext helper B7

OSx86 Tool Utility

NTFS-3G + MacFuse

CPU-X

Universal OSx86 Installer

That is all I select during the Installation. The problem that I mention happen after installation done on first boot and each time it boot. I have try like 10+ times with different settings(keep select less option) but still no luck to fix this.

Try with kexts, starting with the oldest and working to the newest. If this doesnt help, and only AFTER try this, dont even select customize, just install without drivers.

Tell me how it goes.

Try with kexts, starting with the oldest and working to the newest. If this doesnt help, and only AFTER try this, dont even select customize, just install without drivers.

Tell me how it goes.

I am having the same issue.

Here's my OP in a thread I started yesterday:

I am having an issue with my iPC 10.5.6 install where there is a ~4 minute black screen delay right after the graphics driver loads in the boot process. By "black screen", I mean that the monitors are getting a signal, they are just displaying solid black. The process is like this:

System POST -> White loading screen with Apple logo and spinning indicator (1 minute) -> black screen for 4 minutes -> blue screen for 10 seconds -> OSX desktop

Previously, I was running Kalyway 10.5.4 with NVInject, no such issues.

I've installed iPC 10.5.6 several times. The first time, I installed NVInject, I had the same issue. On my later installs, I generated an EFI string for graphics in the com.apple.Boot.plist file.

It really does seem like this issue is graphics related, as it happens only after I install the EFI string or inject kext.

Here is my hardware setup:

GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard

ASUS 8800GT

Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor

4 GB DDR2 667

2 hard drives on ICH9 SATA

Sony DVD-RW on 3rd ICH9 SATA

Here's how I installed iPC 10.5.6:

Initial install, base system only, no drivers

Installed ICH10 package post install from iPC disc

Installed Intel ICH9 driver from GA-EP35-DS3X Control Center

Installed ALC888 package post install from iPC disc

Installed CHUD.pkg

Installed shutdown, restart, SMBIOS fixes from GA-EP35-DS3X Control Center

Created graphics EFI string with OSx86 tools

Ran software update

Ran permissions repair

So my experience is I installed iPC with no drivers, when I added my EFI string for graphics, major boot slowdown.

I am having the same issue.

Here's my OP in a thread I started yesterday:

So my experience is I installed iPC with no drivers, when I added my EFI string for graphics, major boot slowdown.

Im sorry, but I dont think I can help you.....what is wrong with 10.5.4?

Im sorry, but I dont think I can help you.....what is wrong with 10.5.4?

Nothing is intrinsically wrong with 10.5.4, but I upgraded to 10.5.6 so I could run iLife 09.

I figured with this hackintosh stuff, OS upgrades always have the potential to be a bit dicey.

Also, I figured that the GA-P35-DS3L and 8800GT are popular hardware combinations, I'm sure someone has run into this issue before...

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing is intrinsically wrong with 10.5.4, but I upgraded to 10.5.6 so I could run iLife 09.

I figured with this hackintosh stuff, OS upgrades always have the potential to be a bit dicey.

Also, I figured that the GA-P35-DS3L and 8800GT are popular hardware combinations, I'm sure someone has run into this issue before...

yea man i got the ep35 ds3l and got the 8800gt and i'm getting a somehwat similar weird issue. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1149230 i'm gonna try a retail install.

• 9 months later...

I have this same problem.

It happened after I used OSx86 Tools to edit my com.apple.Boot.plist in order for my graphics card to work on it. Of course I didn't know everything I was doing, so it restarted into a VERY slow OSx. I eventually managed to get my backupboot.plist set as my primary, but then I ended up with the solid black screen after everything gets booted up.So now

I am using MacDrive on my dual windows 7/snow leopard machine to try and get in and make my Boot.plist right again. So I've got a default Boot.plist that I downloaded from here. No such luck yet.

Hardware:

I have found that most of these kinds of problems are related to folks not installing the right fixes/patches for their machines. If you Google and find the right fixex/patches that you must select when you're installing, you'd see that most of these problems will go away. There's someone out there who has your exact or similar machine who has spent months of sleepless nights trying to get it right, and once they did, were kind enough to post that information on what to select at install online.

Also, you may want to plug in your particular hardware---say video card---in Google and see what kext is out there for it. Bottom line: read, read and read before you start.