Good motherboard with GeForce 9300/9400?

8 posts in this topic

I have been researching for my hackintosh build, and now I have narrowed down the spec to graphics card and motherboard.

I would like to have a motherboard with Nvidia chipset (integrated GeForce 9300/9400). The only MB I see people mentioned is GA-E7AUM-DS2H, but it still have some drivers problems.

From the HCL wiki list, I think ASUS P5K SE should be a good candidate for the MB with minimum trouble for installation. Does anyone know any good (read: easy hackintosh installation) GeForce 9300/9400 motherboard?

FYI: My build will be Intel Q8200, 2x2GB DDR2.

Thanks in advance.

The ASUS P5N7A-VM is nearly 100%. It seems to be way more stable than the Gigabyte board.

Read the whole thread here.

If you need a tiny, little M-ITX board, some people are having some success with the Zotac 9300-ITX. Give it a little while and it may be a viable option.

Thanks for the quick reply @or_astroman.

I didn't consider ASUS P5N7A-VM because it seems I'll need to have a Mac for installation according to the howto (which I don't have)...btw which Gigabyte board were you talking about?

I was referring to the GA-E7AUM-DS2H. I was also interested in that one but after reading both the threads on that and the ASUS, it looks like the ASUS is the one to go with.

As far as installs go, I'm sure there is a work around. I didn't think of that as I have working macs to do an install from.

• 4 weeks later...

Im currently using XFX Geforce 9300 Motherboard and i got pretty much everything going besides audio ALC888 i believe not sure though. iDeneb v1.3 for my install. If i could get sound than it would do everything. even reads the multicard reader.

• 2 months later...