3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to build a set-top box running Leopard so I can set it up with EyeTV and my two tuners. It would need to be powerful enough to run two tuners at once, so it can't be too weak. I was thinking it needs to be at least a core duo CPU so I can use boot132 as well.

I figure the cheapest way to do this is to use some used laptop if I can get it for around 200. Does anyone have a better idea? Or an idea of a cheap model that they know will work with Boot132 that I should look for?

I using a single EyeTV connected to my hack - a E5200 with 4 gigs of memory and a 8600GS graphics card. Both CPU and memory usage by EyeTV is very low, as most of the processing is done by the USB stick and not the main processor.

I using a single EyeTV connected to my hack - a E5200 with 4 gigs of memory and a 8600GS graphics card. Both CPU and memory usage by EyeTV is very low, as most of the processing is done by the USB stick and not the main processor.

Haha, well overall cost of that is definitely over 200. Doesn't really fit my STB idea. Good to know about the computer strain though.