HP dv9064ea Sound problems

DwarFStrider

1 post in this topic

Heya guys,

First off - this forum is awesome! Reading it helped me alot in beginning to understand the Mac world (as I am a complete and utter newbie). At the moment I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 (this was the only release I could get my mitts on... if there's a superior DVD release in the meantime, feel free to let me know)

The problem is, even after reading several posts over and over on this forum I just can't get my headphones jack to work. I'm also confused about what sound chipset I actually have, I read somewhere ALC268 so after upgrading to 10.5.3 (kalyway combo) I installed the Installer2 from Taruga: no sound anymore.

Then I tried this tutorial with Installer2, HDAEnabler, HDA Fix v5 but still: no sound. Desperate, I then tried to install the Apple 10.5.6 combo: after install it gave me a kernel panic (which I kinda expected). The HP site says it has a Conexant HD chipset, but I suppose it's also Realtek based (like almost all sound chipsets these days)?

Okay, so I reinstalled 10.5.2 and now sound works again... but plugging in my headphones doesn't. What can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bart