Great success with Intel DG45ID/E6850/8800GTS/Audigy ZS

Dave Z

6 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my great success with the following hardware:

* Intel DG45ID motherboard:

... AHCI enabled (used ICH10 driver)

... onboard Ethernet enabled (used 82566 driver)

... onboard video disabled

... onboard audio disabled

* Intel E6850 Core 2 Duo processor (3.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

* 4 GB DDR2 (4 DIMMs, 800 MHz)

* PNY GeForce XLR8 8800GTS 320 MB GDDR3 PCIE video card

* Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS PCI soundcard

* 2 x Western Digital WD5000AAxx Cavier 500 GB hard disk drives

* Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7221S-0b 22X SATA DVD burner

The only issue so far is that sleep doesn't work (not an issue for me). I did manage to get onboard sound mostly working with VoodooHDA but decide to us an Audigy ZS I had sitting around. Note that the kX audio driver doesn't appear to support recording at this time.

Installation was done using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 PPF5 Final with the following options:

* Vanilla kernel (no patched kernel selected)

* Drivers->Video->NVIDIA->NVdarwin 320MB

* Drivers->Chipset Drivers->Intel ICH10 SATA Support

* Drivers->Audio Drivers->Other Audio Drivers->kXAudioDriver

* Drivers->Ethernet Drivers->Intel 82566MM/DC

* Drivers->USB Drivers->Patched USB Drivers

* Fixes and Patches->AppleSMBIOS Patch->AppleSMBIOSEFI

After install I just had to disable sleep. Performed Apple update with no hiccups. Tested with iWork '09, Aperture 2, GIMP, and Adium and so far all is solid and stable. Time Machine seems to be working as well.

Anyone else with a similar configuration? I'd love to hear any suggestions or comments on how this system can be made even better.

Best regards,

--Dave

• 1 month later...

Hey Dave, I was just about to post and ask about people's experiences with the DG45ID motherboard, and read some mixed reviews. Anyways, I'm currently setting up a rig very similar to yours at the moment, and was wondering if you had attempted to perform a Vanilla Retail install on your machine?

Ultimately, I want to find the bare minimum kexts required to get the system up and running (using munky's EFI method - I hope I just didn't need any kexts to begin with), so then I can have my "as-Vanilla-as-possible" headache free system.

Any suggestions? pointers?

• 4 months later...

Hi Dave,

I just want to say thanks, i followed your guide and installed leopard on my DG45iD with no problems using an intel core 2 quad 9550 @ 2.8 ghz , 4GB RAM and GeForce 9400 gt 1gb).

The only issue that i have is that osx takes to much time to boot and i want to know if you experienced the same thing. Also have a mac mini and it boots way faster so to me there is something wrong.

Thanks in advanced.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My system:

Intel DG45ID MB

Intel E7500 CPU ( Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz)

8 GB DDR2 (4x2GB Kingston)

SATA MOSERBAER DVD RW

SATA 80GB SEAGATE

USB Kyb and Mouse

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 GT @ 128MB

I tried to install iPC OSX 10.5.6 Downloaded from piratebay, i can able to see the graphical installation screen, and followed the installation wizard.... Everything done perfect , when i restarted the PC, MAC not loading, either a cursor blinking or blank screen.

I tried to use the customized option/ But the options were grayed out ( not allowed to change).

one more thing.... pls tell what is the partition type i have to use. I want to use a separate HDD for MAC.

Thanks in advanced.

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to share my great success with the following hardware:

* Intel DG45ID motherboard:

... AHCI enabled (used ICH10 driver)

... onboard Ethernet enabled (used 82566 driver)

... onboard video disabled

... onboard audio disabled

* Intel E6850 Core 2 Duo processor (3.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

* 4 GB DDR2 (4 DIMMs, 800 MHz)

* PNY GeForce XLR8 8800GTS 320 MB GDDR3 PCIE video card

* Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS PCI soundcard

* 2 x Western Digital WD5000AAxx Cavier 500 GB hard disk drives

* Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7221S-0b 22X SATA DVD burner

The only issue so far is that sleep doesn't work (not an issue for me). I did manage to get onboard sound mostly working with VoodooHDA but decide to us an Audigy ZS I had sitting around. Note that the kX audio driver doesn't appear to support recording at this time.

Installation was done using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 PPF5 Final with the following options:

* Vanilla kernel (no patched kernel selected)

* Drivers->Video->NVIDIA->NVdarwin 320MB

* Drivers->Chipset Drivers->Intel ICH10 SATA Support

* Drivers->Audio Drivers->Other Audio Drivers->kXAudioDriver

* Drivers->Ethernet Drivers->Intel 82566MM/DC

* Drivers->USB Drivers->Patched USB Drivers

* Fixes and Patches->AppleSMBIOS Patch->AppleSMBIOSEFI

After install I just had to disable sleep. Performed Apple update with no hiccups. Tested with iWork '09, Aperture 2, GIMP, and Adium and so far all is solid and stable. Time Machine seems to be working as well.

Anyone else with a similar configuration? I'd love to hear any suggestions or comments on how this system can be made even better.

Best regards,

--Dave

Hi,

could u please specify which USB driver you used ,bcz mine also same board(dg45id)

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

hello daveZ i have the dg45id board as well and trying to install 10.5.6. the only bios changes the need to be change in order to allow for a successful install are achi/raid, ethernet , audio and video? thanks.