iPC OSx86 10.5.6 PPF5 with v1.1 patch on MSI P7N Diamond

ThugEsquire

3 posts in this topic

System Specs

• MSI P7N Diamond mobo w/ A7510NMS.130 BIOS (not DSDT-modded)*
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz (stock speed)
  • 8GB Corsair DDR2 1066 RAM (running at 1GHz instead of 1.066GHz)
  • Maxtor 250GB SATA HDD
  • Seagate 250GB SATA HDD
  • Optiarc SATA DVD+-RW
  • My BIOS settings

* I tried installing using the DSDT-modded BIOS for my MOBO (A7510NMS.120), but once I flashed with this BIOS, the installer would never get past AppleNForceATA: found 0 units no matter what BIOS settings or bootloader flags I chose. In other words, with the DSDT-modded BIOS, I can't get the DVD to get past AppleNForceATA: found 0 units even if I choose cpus=1. With a stock BIOS I can successfully complete a Leopard install as long as I choose cpus=1.

Disclaimer: I am fairly familiar with verdant's OSx86 guide to installing on nVidia chipsets; however, I am not sure how to progress in this situation. If I have missed a critical point in verdant's guide, I would be most appreciative of your direct link to that section.

Using cpus=1, I can successfully boot and complete a Leopard installation using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 PPF5 with v1.1 patch. However, once it finishes installing, it hangs on reboot, even if I've chosen to install the cpus=1 fix. This is all with the stock BIOS (not DSDT-modded).

Could anyone please provide guidance as to which options I should be selecting during install and how I can get it to reboot properly, even if I'm using cpus=1 to make it work?

Thanks ahead of time for your time!

I am posting this from my up-and-running Leopard Hackintosh.

I found this iPC on MSI P7n Diamond tutorial by dparada78, which answered my questions posted above, and worked. Thanks dparada78!

Now I am working on getting Ethernet to work properly (seems to stop working after a certain amount of time, or as soon as I try a copy via AFP).

Sorry if I wasted your time! Thanks for it anyway.

I am posting this from my up-and-running Leopard Hackintosh.

I found this iPC on MSI P7n Diamond tutorial by dparada78, which answered my questions posted above, and worked. Thanks dparada78!

Now I am working on getting Ethernet to work properly (seems to stop working after a certain amount of time, or as soon as I try a copy via AFP).

Sorry if I wasted your time! Thanks for it anyway.

Glad you up and running with DSDT.aml........use eno's nForceLAN.kext installer package..... :(