USB devices connected afer boot not working

ldog

5 posts in this topic

So, i have a problem with usb.

The USB devices such as keyboard or mouse, which are connected all the time, are working fine, but if i try to connect something else after the computer have booted, it doesn't show up in finder. but, the LED on my flash drive lights up. i also have the apple aluminum keyboard, with 2 usb ports, which, of course, also don't work. BUT, if i connect my phone via usb cable into keyboard, it says that there is not enough power to operate. so, it does see it, but doesn't show in finder.

if anything else, like the afore mentioned usb flash drive, was connected during startup, it shows in finder. also, if i replug it, it shows in finder again. but if i wait for 10 mins after unmounting, it doesn't show up in finder again

i wonder what can be made to solve this problem.

mac os version 10.5.6 with voodoo 9.6.0 kernel. motherboard is Asus P5LD2 Deluxe, if it's needed.

So, i have a problem with usb.

The USB devices such as keyboard or mouse, which are connected all the time, are working fine, but if i try to connect something else after the computer have booted, it doesn't show up in finder. but, the LED on my flash drive lights up. i also have the apple aluminum keyboard, with 2 usb ports, which, of course, also don't work. BUT, if i connect my phone via usb cable into keyboard, it says that there is not enough power to operate. so, it does see it, but doesn't show in finder.

if anything else, like the afore mentioned usb flash drive, was connected during startup, it shows in finder. also, if i replug it, it shows in finder again. but if i wait for 10 mins after unmounting, it doesn't show up in finder again

i wonder what can be made to solve this problem.

mac os version 10.5.6 with voodoo 9.6.0 kernel. motherboard is Asus P5LD2 Deluxe, if it's needed.

I have somewhat the same problem. I am attempting to run Kalyway on my AMD 3200+. The devices that are working are my usb keyboard, mouse, external harddrive. But the devices that are not showing up (or being recognized) are my belkin fsd9050 wireless g plus mimo (usb), and my emu0202 audio device (which sucks because the whole reason i'm trying to work os x is for its superior recording programs). I plug them in, and none of the power lights shine, and nothing happens with the computer.

check if your kernel version is the same as your system.kext

for kernel go to terminal and type

uname -a

for system.kext go to /System/Library/Extensions search for it..right click show contents and open version.plist!

If its not the same version, thats your problem, cheers

kernel:

Darwin arichi.local 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Wed Dec 31 00:51:24 CET 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.1 :xnu-1228.9.59-voodoo/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

system.kext:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
  <plist version="1.0">
  <dict>
   <key>BuildVersion</key>
   <string>1</string>
   <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
   <string>9.2.0</string>
   <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
   <string>9.2.0</string>
   <key>ProjectName</key>
   <string>xnu</string>
   <key>SourceVersion</key>
   <string>12280313</string>
  </dict>
  </plist>

that means my system.kext is version 9.2.0 right?

i wonder if you can provide the needed .kext, because i couldn't find one...

nevermind, found one.

seems that everything works now. thanks for your help :mellow:

if anyone is interested, i've installed system.kext from this kernel (unpacked it with pacifist and used kext helper afterwards) - http://www.infinitemac.com/f36/9-6-0-kerne...n-voodoo-t1858/

didn't want to do it at first, because it doesn't have "version.plist" file in it, but since there was no other way, i tried, and it worked.