IDE Problems with iDeneb

4 posts in this topic

After spending all day going through error after error, I finally got to the part where I select my partition. But, THERE'S NONE! Disk Utility won't detect that I have any partition on my PC. It won't even detect my windows drive! Yes, I'm in the Disk Utility window and there's no hard drives to select at all!

The hard drive I'm trying to use is a Maxtor 6L120P0 IDE drive. It is its own drive and I'm not using it for Windows.

This forum isn't very helpful.

I couldn't agree more.

This forum is supposed to be a resource/pool of knowledge and NOBODY seems to want to help us people that really need it!

I shall be visiting Infinatemac from now on...or even better starting my own forum!

Further to your problem...the only thing I can suggest is swapping round the order of IDE HDD and DVD IDE drives and also changing their master/slave settings on the drives themselves.

Sorry I can't do more to help as I am only fairly new to this game myself and like you are thoroughly dissapointed with this place.

If you want to get the problem solved you should provide a little bit more info about it.

Basic idea is you need to research about the hardware you are trying to get working and when it comes to HDDs or DVDs drives the important part is the controller chipset your system has.

Without that info I doubt anyone will be able to help you.