Vista No Longer Boots

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

I am currently using OS 10.5.1 from the OS X86 thing.

Anyway, I originally used Windows Vista. once I installed OSX, I can no longer boot Windows Vista.I have looked everywhere and am starting to get freaked out. Can you guys help me?

Also, the only way I can boot into OSX is if I have my disc in the CD drive. Anyway I can just turn my computer on and CHOOSE which OS to boot? That would be great!

Thanks

please attempt to post specs, installation procedure, and any other details (what you see during boot, what exactly happens when you boot with DVD) so that we can get a better idea of what is going on.

Of course. I'm sorry. I usually post these things in these tyeps of scenarios. It completely slipped my mind.

Anyway, I am running an HP Pavillion DV9000 Laptop.

I would post more specs, but I can't find them unless I am on WinVista. :o

When I boot the computer without the DVD, it loads the normal HP screen, then goes black with the little cursor in the top right corner. After a few seconds, it then just says

b0 error

And it just sits there. And does nothing. When I start up with the OSX DVD (the one I burned myself) then it just loads straight into OSX. I have tried using my Vista installation DVD, but it only allows me (as far as I can tell) to do some sort of harddrive wipe and reinstall. UGH! That is going to take about 6-8 hours. I know. I've done it three times already in the past 10 months.

Does this help you?

Hi. I would like to update my situation.

My problems from earlier are all still present.

However, one more has been added.

I updated from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 about an hour ago. I still need the DVD to boot into OSX, but after the grey Apple screen, it glows a bright white and stays that way. I was able to "semi-fix" this by taking the DVD out of the drive during the white screen and it will then finish loading into OSX.

Is there a way to getting around this temporary fix?

My biggest issue = dual boot OSX AND VISTA from one screen. I knwo it can be done, but my comptuer isn't doing it right now.

Thanks