HELP MAJORLY NEEDED!

DEFKT

8 posts in this topic

hi there, i am new here so ill say a big hello to everyone and want to also say what great work you are doing.

ok, so i am having major issues with windows XP and vista for music production so i thought i'd take the plunge and go hackymac :-D.

so i have 3 dvds burnt off. 1 original osx tiger 10.4, 1 osx tiger (not sure on where it came from) and obviously kalyway 10.4.10.

my specs for pc.......

Packard Bell iMedia X2416

* Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor (4x2.33GHz)

* 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache (Motherboard is a ECS Denver 11, Nvidia 630i chipset i do believe)

* 4GB DDR2 667MHz memory

* 250GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for System use, currently running Windows Vista® Home Premium,but want to use this for OSX

* 640GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for my Samples, Song files and multimedia content.

* Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE PCI Express (with NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 onboard graphics also, not in use!)

* Dual Layer SATA DVD Rewriter (Optiarc)

* 18-in-1 media card reader

* 6x USB ports (2x front, 4x rear)

* Realtek HD ALC882 Audio - (On Board)

* Nvidia HD HDMI Audio and Video - (On Board)

* Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) - (On Board)

* M-Audio Delta 2496 Audiophile PCI Sound Card

* Microsoft Laser 5000 Mouse and Keyboard (USB Wireless)

* Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter

Ok, so now you know what i got, here is my problem!

So my bios has obviously been restricted due to being a OEM board configured by Packard Bell.

So SATA is set to AHCI, and the rest i cant really adjust.

I place DVD in drive, boots from DVD, prompted to hit enter to install or F7 (I think) to choose boot options.

So i hit enter, and few lines of code come up and then it reboots.

It does this with all 3 DVDs. Why????

Is it because i am installing Tiger? and older OSX......

Is there any where i can get a copy of 10.5 Leopard??? Will this work?

This is frustrating and bloody annoying as i really want this to work!

Any help will be great.

I am on AOL Instant Messenger aswell if anyone who can help as I am on there most of the time, but i will keep checking back.

AIM= defktdnb

Thank you for your time.

Yes, you're trying to run too old an operating system on newer equipment. I'd search for iPC 10.5.6 or some such, where? torrents.... or get a retail Leopard disk and go the Chameleon route.

thanks for your reply.

retail disk and chameleon route?

sorry you will have to forgive me but i am new to this :(

thanks, all that stuff looks overwelhming haha.

so what sort of issues am i gonna be hitting with drivers for my spec ???

You need to find drivers for your Video, audio, LAN and Southbridge chipset. I don't think any of that will work out of the box. Maybe the Realtek, not sure. Use the search to find out.

However, (apart from the usual stuff that everybody needs like ApplyDecrypt/DSMOS.kext) to boot and install, theoretically you only need the Southbridge drivers. The rest can be fixed once the OS is running.

You have nForce chipset so you need to look for an AppleNForceATA.kext that will work with the 630i.

If your drive controller can't be set to AHCI in the BIOS, maybe you can install on an external USB drive instead.

You need to find drivers for your Video, audio, LAN and Southbridge chipset. I don't think any of that will work out of the box. Maybe the Realtek, not sure. Use the search to find out.

However, (apart from the usual stuff that everybody needs like ApplyDecrypt/DSMOS.kext) to boot and install, theoretically you only need the Southbridge drivers. The rest can be fixed once the OS is running.

You have nForce chipset so you need to look for an AppleNForceATA.kext that will work with the 630i.

If your drive controller can't be set to AHCI in the BIOS, maybe you can install on an external USB drive instead.

thanks. my bios does allow the setting of AHCI, just nothing else lol. sorry my bad grammer there.

although there is alot of information there, im still completely confused as to what a *.kext file is, and how to rebuild this that and the other. can i not just install, and find drivers for it?

well to be honest id be quite happy to pay someone to do this, as i really do struggle with all this coding melarky.

From a quick search on google for "what is a kext"

"What is a kext? – A Mac OS X system extension package. It is actually a folder containing a specific arrangement of files that either provide extra OS functionality, or driver files."

Kext is short for Kernel Extension.

Try to make short specific questions when you have a doubt, like "what is a kext" and then type that into google. You'll be an expert in no time.

I think you might get your install DVDs to go a little further by typing CPUS=1 at the boot prompt. If you don't see a boot prompt, tap F8 after your PC finishes its POST.

Also your DVDs are really old. Try something newer like iPC 10.5.6, XxX 10.5.6 final v2 or any other recent hackintosh DVD.

Pre-emptive wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-on_self-test