Inspiron 1300 with iPC 10.5.6

Assie

5 posts in this topic

Notebook specs: (copy/paste from the Dell invoice !)

-------------------

Inspiron 1300 Celeron M Processor 380 (1.60 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 400 MHz FSB) 1 337.04 337.04

200-42077 List N11136 - DHS 1300 (2) 1

230-10017 15.4 inch WXGA (1280x800) LCD Panel 1

370-11932 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512) 1

429-11676 Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive 1

451-10276 6 Cell 56Whr Primary Battery 1

555-10547 For Celeron M Processors - Global - Dell Wireless 1370 802.11b/g Mini PCI Card 1

583-11041 UK/Ire - (QWERTY) - Internal Keyboard

I used iPC 10.5.6, and selected the following:

----------------------------------------------------

- 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

- Intel GMA900 driver

- Intel ICHx chipset driver

- Sigmatel 9200 audio driver

- did not install an ethernet driver as I never use it

- not selected a wireless driver

- AppleACPIBatteryManager

- Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 patch

- PS/2 Device Support (all)

- Patch DSDT

First reboot after installer with -f -v -x switches. Everything selected worked out of the box, apart from the audio, which I can't get to work !!

Hope this helps - good luck !!

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD STUFF, I'm going to download it now, and see if it works.

I'm currently using 10.5.5, but I just want to upgrade (the donga/external monitor input trick sometimes fail on me, and I have to reset the laptop, at least two sometimes)

I may have a way to fix the audio, however, the files are stuck inside an mp3 player and I don't have a way to connect to it.

thx

First reboot after installer with -f -v -x switches.

I'm not to sure what you mean, care you elaborate? seems like I have to input -f -v -x switches after first reboot of installation?

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you have iPC 10.5.6 w/ FFP5 (or PFF/what ever it's called)

Don't try to use patcherHDA -- the program that allows you to add sigmatel 9200.txt, it messes the whole laptop.

Try this, everything works besides the audio, might as well leave audio drivers out. I've tried different setups, nothing works for the sound. It would be nice to hear some one being able to fix it.

Kernel

- 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Legacy Time Machine Fix

Video

- Intel-GMA900 (not 915)

Chipset

- Intel ICHx SATA Drivers

- LegacyAppleIntelPIIxATA

Ethernet

- AppleBCM 440X Ethernet

Wireless

Choose your wifi card from the list, I chose the first one from the sub-list.

USB Drivers

- Patched USB Drivers

Power Management

- AppleACPI Battery Manager

- AppleACPI Power Source

- Clamshell Display Support

Fixes and Patches

- ACPI Fix

- Dual Boot Time Sync

- IOPCIFamily.kext Patched

- Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

PS/2 Device support

- PS/2 Keyboard fix

After first reboot, try entering "-f" while you see the "five second count down thing" lol not sure what it's called, Apple's version of BIOS ? But before you do any that, make sure you interrupt the 'five second count down' by pressing on enter, then entering -f

All the info here was taken from x86 project wikipedia site...

Someone help me with audio, it's almost mint

• 7 months later...

Everything working like a charm here.

The sound works well here with the voodooHDA. It can sometimes go bad, rarelly here, when it does, simply pausing/playback again the application will do the trick. In this not very powerfull computer I have installed CogX as music player. Does its job. No problems with sound.

Could it have something to doo with the fact that I am using the qoopz .8 kernel?

My system:

Ideneb 10.5.8

> wireless kext from his previous version (10.5.7 Ideneb).

> Default fixes from Ideneb, plus ichxfix, voodoo power fixes for battery etc, voodoo ps2, eth 440x kext etc.

A couple of notes:

1 - I need might need to try some trick for the clamshell support (it does not return well from a closed lid). I know there is an specific kext for this I might try it and let you know.

2 - The wireless (BCM4318) works flawlesly appart when you shut it down completelly (perhaps when on battery mode for saving energy). A quick fix is to go onto sleep mode, come back, that should do the trick. If it doesn't try fn+f2 (swichtes on the wireless) go to sleep and repeat the process.

I just installed Ideneb 10.5.8 recently in this little computer for my sister, webbrowsing and simple things........ I am amazed how well this machine works with OSX .... thanks obviously to qoopz/voodoo team.

/////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////

Things I have to try:

- I am not bothered with a Vanilla install (plus qoopz kernel). This comp is for my syster to browse the internet, download her pictures, listen to music and be free of viruses at the same time. Perhaps I will put back ubuntu for her on their release of their LTS version after their first revision. Still I am amazed how this machine works under leopard.

- Clamshell thing. It is just one day ago that I installed this thing so far works amazing, I will try something on this later. I am amazed how well the sleep/suspend/everything works here.

- Wireless: Same thing here, just to make things easy to my sister I will look into this, just to make her completelly painless the experience. Once I found the solution for this I will post it in here. For those who want to have a "just works" experience on this computer

Make sure you have iPC 10.5.6 w/ FFP5 (or PFF/what ever it's called)

Don't try to use patcherHDA -- the program that allows you to add sigmatel 9200.txt, it messes the whole laptop.

Try this, everything works besides the audio, might as well leave audio drivers out. I've tried different setups, nothing works for the sound. It would be nice to hear some one being able to fix it.

Kernel

- 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Legacy Time Machine Fix

Video

- Intel-GMA900 (not 915)

Chipset

- Intel ICHx SATA Drivers

- LegacyAppleIntelPIIxATA

Ethernet

- AppleBCM 440X Ethernet

Wireless

Choose your wifi card from the list, I chose the first one from the sub-list.

USB Drivers

- Patched USB Drivers

Power Management

- AppleACPI Battery Manager

- AppleACPI Power Source

- Clamshell Display Support

Fixes and Patches

- ACPI Fix

- Dual Boot Time Sync

- IOPCIFamily.kext Patched

- Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

PS/2 Device support

- PS/2 Keyboard fix

After first reboot, try entering "-f" while you see the "five second count down thing" lol not sure what it's called, Apple's version of BIOS ? But before you do any that, make sure you interrupt the 'five second count down' by pressing on enter, then entering -f

All the info here was taken from x86 project wikipedia site...

Someone help me with audio, it's almost mint