iPC 10.5.6 install: kernel panic during install "nfs_boot_init..."

SpokeDigital

5 posts in this topic

I am getting the attached kernel panic when trying to install iPC 10.5.6. This happens before getting to any options, etc. Screenshot included.

panic(cpu 0 0x002D950D): "nfs_boot_init...

I've searched it here and there is a patch that seems to fix this for nForce boards, but I wasn't sure if that applied here. I though I had downloaded the most current iPC version, but obviously not.

Bios settings have my drives as AHCI.

post-392884-1239992342_thumb.jpg

I am getting the attached kernel panic when trying to install iPC 10.5.6. This happens before getting to any options, etc. Screenshot included.

panic(cpu 0 0x002D950D): "nfs_boot_init...

I've searched it here and there is a patch that seems to fix this for nForce boards, but I wasn't sure if that applied here. I though I had downloaded the most current iPC version, but obviously not.

Bios settings have my drives as AHCI.

Firstly, if you are trying to install iPC 10.5.6 over 10.5.2 you cannot......you must install iPC to a clean volume.....I recommend MBR/HFS+ rather than GPT/HFS+ for multi-booting systems.....

Also give your system information to help forum members give more focussed advice......

Firstly, if you are trying to install iPC 10.5.6 over 10.5.2 you cannot......you must install iPC to a clean volume.....I recommend MBR/HFS+ rather than GPT/HFS+ for multi-booting systems.....

Also give your system information to help forum members give more focussed advice......

I am intending on a fresh install but I can't get that far. Panic occurs seconds after boot, just after getting past the Darwin screen.

My system info is in my signature. Can someone let me know if this is veiwable or not? I can look to fix it if it doesn't show. Or is there more info I should show, Verdant?

I am intending on a fresh install but I can't get that far. Panic occurs seconds after boot, just after getting past the Darwin screen.

My system info is in my signature. Can someone let me know if this is veiwable or not? I can look to fix it if it doesn't show. Or is there more info I should show, Verdant?

The info you give is helpful. Suggest you start by checking your BIOS settings......

if you have the following or similar BIOS options....

Configure SATA as "AHCI" or Serial-ATA Configuration [Enabled]

JMicron SATA / PATA Controller [Disabled].....if JMicron present.....unless it works for you [Enabled].....

but JMicron is known to cause problems for some....but JMicron patches/drivers for OS X Install DVDs are now appearing......

JMicron Controller Mode [AHCI]....if present.....

CPU Internal Thermal Control [Auto]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]