[SOLVED] Realtek 8139/810x not detected on iPC 10.5.6 Final (Asus P5GC-MX/1333)

maxjerin

3 posts in this topic

I have a strange problem here, I' ve installed iPC 10.5.6 Final on my

Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz

2 GB Transcend RAM

TAG nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB

Realtek 8139/810x Ethernet

I knew that On Board LAN (Atheros ) was not going to work (from other posts) and hence I went ahead and bought a PCI based card. And Initially, it was working well. But ever since I got my SAMSUNG 2233sw 22" :blink: Display and the nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB :rolleyes: Graphics Card to go with it (which runs on PCIx), I had to remove the LAN card from the PCI slot where it was initially plugged in and moved it one slot down. (Cause the Graphics Card's FAN was being hindered by the LAN Card). And thats when I realized that it stopped working in MAC (But still works perfectly in my Vista).

iPC simply stopped detecting it, and the PCI tab in "System Profiler" says "No PCI Device Found". This is really weird, because the LAN card is working perfectly on my Vista.

And I'v spent two weeks searching InsanelyMac trying to find a solution for this.

Could someone lend a helping hand and get this card working please. :(

Its Alive...I finally got my LAN to work :huh:

I used PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0.zip and the below instructions to get it up and running

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

• 7 months later...
Its Alive...I finally got my LAN to work :unsure:

I used PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0.zip and the below instructions to get it up and running

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

Hey Hey!

So i'm having real difficulty getting my 8139c to work. I've got IPC 10.5.6 running on a Asus P5GC-MX/1333, and i've tried these steps to installing the rolled back driver. my results are it remains undetected, until i remove the AppleHPET.kext which was cited in some other discussions as problematic, and then it can detect the lan card and it knows when it's being connected, but i'm left with the "self assigned ip" problem in network connections. without the pcgenrtl8139ethernet driver it doesnt show up at all. i am going to try rolling back the driver from 1.2 to 1.1, and i will post my results, but i am out of ideas after that. Is there a patch for the AppleHPET.kext that i'm not finding perhaps?

Asus P5GC-MX/1333

onboard audio working with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

NV7600 working with NVkush

Realtek 8139c in the lower PCI slot not working properly (i:e"self assigned ip")

Here's my happy leo install on another unit:

(solid install on ASUS P5Q-EM using IPC 10.5.6

on board sound using ALC1200fix.kext, AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext

NV9800 using NVkush, on board ethernet works right away!

time machine using a roll back on the ionetworkingfamily.kext)