Missing Operating System

FreeRangers

4 posts in this topic

I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop (with it's original factory parts). I'm using the iATKOS 2.0i installer, everything seems to go well, the disk check at the beginning doesn't fail, and when the installation is done there is a green check mark saying the installation was complete. but when I restart I just get a black screen with missing operating system. I've been digging around the internet, but all the answers I get either don't help me or are very vauge. I've evne found a youtube video where the guy was installing OS X (using iATKOS 2.0) on the same type of laptop as mine I followed the directions (installing the correct divers) but still nothing. I think the problem is with the boot loader, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of something that I can do to make this work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop (with it's original factory parts). I'm using the iATKOS 2.0i installer, everything seems to go well, the disk check at the beginning doesn't fail, and when the installation is done there is a green check mark saying the installation was complete. but when I restart I just get a black screen with missing operating system. I've been digging around the internet, but all the answers I get either don't help me or are very vauge. I've evne found a youtube video where the guy was installing OS X (using iATKOS 2.0) on the same type of laptop as mine I followed the directions (installing the correct divers) but still nothing. I think the problem is with the boot loader, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of something that I can do to make this work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

AMD or Intel CPU?

It's an Intel centrino duo. I've found stuff on the internet that says once OS X is installed to put the dvd in and that will take you to a boot loader which it does, I can see my Vista and the new mac partition, but when I click on the Mac partition nothing happens. There are some instructions on the screen that say to enter -v or ? for more options but when I enter either of those nothing happens. If i hit enter on the Vista partition it loads into the windows boot loader and then into windows.

I've also tried using iATKOS 5i but that doesn't even get to the installer it just starts up and then hangs while loading all that white text on the black screen. I'm not near my laptop right now so I can't see exactly where it hangs but it is something about unable to mount disk1s3.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? all these botched installes are really starting to annoy me. Thanks for any help.

It's an Intel centrino duo. I've found stuff on the internet that says once OS X is installed to put the dvd in and that will take you to a boot loader which it does, I can see my Vista and the new mac partition, but when I click on the Mac partition nothing happens. There are some instructions on the screen that say to enter -v or ? for more options but when I enter either of those nothing happens. If i hit enter on the Vista partition it loads into the windows boot loader and then into windows.

I've also tried using iATKOS 5i but that doesn't even get to the installer it just starts up and then hangs while loading all that white text on the black screen. I'm not near my laptop right now so I can't see exactly where it hangs but it is something about unable to mount disk1s3.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? all these botched installes are really starting to annoy me. Thanks for any help.

Are you saying you have successfully installed OS X on your laptop or not.....?