iDeneb problems

6 posts in this topic

So I finally got iDeneb to work on my PC, but the fact that my 8400GS, as well as some other kernel extensions that I attempted to load, won't run at all, other than the fact that my RTL8139 LAN card works without any hiccups.

My display's stuck on 1024x768 (versus my monitor's native 1440x900), I have no audio, but everything else seems fine, other than some glitches. Running Leopard in verbose mode shows that the kexts are having a link/load error of some sort, but as I've said earlier, most critical functions, such as shutdown and reboot, work (I'm not sure with sleeping). I'm using the Voodoo kernel, version 9.5.6. The specs are on my sig, and I needed help real badly, although the current setup is more of like a test run.

You need NVKush for you graphics card, work great. But when you change resolution you get a blue screen,

so you need to restart, and it's well (Or you need a DVI > VGA adapter, then works it great).

I use a VGA monitor via my dvi > vga

Well, I can't load any kext at all! That's the problem.

Use kexthelper to install kexts, and use the NVKush installer to install nvkush

Tried that, to no avail. I think it's within the kernel; I'm using this:

Darwin huck-joness-macpro31.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

I can boot to the hard disk as long as I launched iDeneb via the install DVD's bootloader, but I end up stuck on the apple logo with no loading animations when I boot off the hard disk alone.

Boot your HD via DVD, when you're booted:

Go to : /System/Library/. Remove your extensions folder.

Open a new finder window, type Command + Shift + G, and type: /Volumes/(ideneb dvd name)/System

Copy your Extensions.mkext over your HD one

Now you can boot