ALC889a on Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R

silentsage

3 posts in this topic

Well, I spent the last several days reading all the postings I could find in Insanelymac and other forums, and tried every suggested method of getting the ALC889a on my Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R motherboard, without success.

System profiler indicates that the "Intel High Definition Audio" is present, and it shows a device and audio ID. There are no "Devices Available". In system preferences the sound panel indicates no input or output devices are present.

I started with Boot123 and then loaded OS X from a genuine retail Apple Leopard 10.5.6 DVD. The MB has 4GB of 1333 DDR3 memory and an nVidia 9800GT video card.

I loaded the kext for the video card using NVInstaller, and it works fine. Getting the audio working was my next step.

I used both KextHelper and OSX86Tools to try the various audio kexts. I was careful to delete old kexts before loading new ones.

I would appreciate any ideas about what to try next. As far as I can tell, there is only one person who has gotten the ALC889a on an EP45T-DS3R to work. From the complexity of his posting I suspect he is a UNIX guru, or very close to that (wish I were too).

Also, kudos and thanks to the many folks who have contributed to these forums. The depth of technical knowledge here is impressive.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...