18 posts in this topic

I got a Compaq CQ50-215CA

• Nvidia Geoforce 8200m Go
    HDAudio SoftDataFAxModem
    Atheros ar5007
    Nvidia Nforce Ethernet 10/100/1000
    Conexant HDAudio
    Nvidia HDAudio

I am yet to get it to load to the main installition screen all i get is a few ktexts and laptop automatically reboots this is with the Kalaway 10.5.2 DVD. Know i also tried IPC 10.5.6 and it does not reboot it just stops responding to anything tired all the boot commands Legacy CPUS=1 -v -f -s -x everything and my BIOS is very limited to what you can change in it if anyone has any info on this pc plz let me know i am tired of WIndows.

I got a Compaq CQ50-215CA
  • Nvidia Geoforce 8200m Go
    HDAudio SoftDataFAxModem
    Atheros ar5007
    Nvidia Nforce Ethernet 10/100/1000
    Conexant HDAudio
    Nvidia HDAudio

I am yet to get it to load to the main installition screen all i get is a few ktexts and laptop automatically reboots this is with the Kalaway 10.5.2 DVD. Know i also tried IPC 10.5.6 and it does not reboot it just stops responding to anything tired all the boot commands Legacy CPUS=1 -v -f -s -x everything and my BIOS is very limited to what you can change in it if anyone has any info on this pc plz let me know i am tired of WIndows.

Please post your BIOS menu and sub-menu screen shots with current settings and the alternative settings......

Is your HDD SATA or PATA ? .......DVDRW SAT or PATA?

Can you post your Vendor/Device IDs via Vista......for storage, audio and network controllers.....see here......?

OK i found some new info on the system its MCP78 series or 79 or something like that and thats why its not booting i am waiting for a guy on irc to make me a boot 132 amd iso with all my drivers but he hasnt done it yet but i dont got a mac to make it so if you can help me out by making me 1 it will be greatly appreachated. To add i think one of the custom dvds supports this series i just dont know witch dvd it is because only the newest 10.5.6 supports it as for the BIOS screen shots there really nothing you can changes its very very limited and i also updated it to the newest one.......

OK i found some new info on the system its MCP78 series or 79 or something like that and thats why its not booting i am waiting for a guy on irc to make me a boot 132 amd iso with all my drivers but he hasnt done it yet but i dont got a mac to make it so if you can help me out by making me 1 it will be greatly appreachated. To add i think one of the custom dvds supports this series i just dont know witch dvd it is because only the newest 10.5.6 supports it as for the BIOS screen shots there really nothing you can changes its very very limited and i also updated it to the newest one.......

iPC 10.5.6 (but you have tried unsuccessfully with this.....?)

XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1b (PPF1)

I tried IPC 10.5.6 you are correct i was unsuccessful i have not tried XxX yet so you think i should try it?

XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1b (PPF1)

I am still worried that the problem may be your BIOS......e.g. not being able to set AHCI mode etc.....

Yeah i know but i want to try the Boot 132 for amd and see what happens

You loose nothing by trying......BUT AFIK the Boot-132 method apparently still only works for Intel chipset MOBOs......see here......

Although Petroy and Boltun posted having success with nForce chipset MOBOs using AppleNForceATA.kext.....

My point is that if you have difficulty booting a OS X patched DVD (using AppleNForceATA.kext), booting a Retail OS X DVD using a Boot 132 CD with using AppleNForceATA.kext may also be problematic.....

OK look at this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140683 i think this is for amd?

is there anyway you can make the ISO because i dont got a mac?

Edit Downloaded XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1b (PPF1)

It stops booting after this

[/system/Library/Extensions/.mkext from 4230a80]

What happens when you boot the XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1b (PPF1) install DVD after F8-ing to darwin boot: prompt with -v -f ?

Anyone figured out why 10.5.5 kills onboard keyboard and mouse on Dell D630?

I *once* got the ?#$54%kalyway 1.5.2 and iATKOS to install but on Kaly once the 1.5.5 went on and on iATKOS out of the box the keyboard and mouse die.

I hear about how easy it is to set up a D630. I've gotten mine installed once with each and now trying to boot either DVD I get the stupid CPU panic and "MAC OS NO VERSION SET YET" So I think i'll by a G4 Laptop on Ebay. It will probably be faster and less headaches in the long run

What happens when you boot the XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1b (PPF1) install DVD after F8-ing to darwin boot: prompt with -v -f ?

Same thing happens nothing just stop loading the disk

BTW i downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

Same thing happens nothing just stop loading the disk

BTW i downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

Does your BIOS allow you to boot from USB devices?

Anything new i really need to get it running plz! i was doing some reserach on MCP78 Series but havnt got far

You can see if you can install to and boot from a USB external HDD......

Any guide on how to do that?

I will get back to you shortly on this.......

if you can get temporary access to an Intel Mac or Hack, you can partition/format a USB memory stick (8GB) or a USB External HDD as MBR/HFS+, and then install the Chameleon 2.0RC1 booloader, or Chameleon v1.0.12/PC_EFI v9, or use OSx86Tools to install PC_EFI v8, or Chameleon EFI or non-EFI Darwin bootloader......

Then see if you can boot from it.......let me know which bootloader if any enables you to boot the USB stick or HDD.....