Help the NOOB

Tical04

3 posts in this topic

OK so first my hardware:

Gigabyte ex58-ud4p

i7 920 (running 2.66)

OCZ platinum 1600 DD3 (7-7-7-24)

XFX 9800 GTX+ black edition

Now i have been succesful and installing iatkos_5i with 9.5.0 fassl kernal, pc efi v9, and various drivers that description were related to my hardware, but had to remove appleintelpowermanagment.kext so it wont kernal panic at apple screen. and ive seem to make everything thing work except quartz extreme(would like to get that to work).

My problem is my temps seem to be to high idle between 54 and 60+from what temperature monitor told me(idle on vista is about 38). So after some research it seems that the appleintelpowermanagment is what controls that? (i will be doing a lot of video encodes on my mac side so i need my temps to be stable)

So after reviewing the guide on i7 install it seem know one needs to remove it like i did so i assume everybod else has good/normal temps????

So then i decide to make an image of my working install and put it on second partition to see if i could make a newer better install. I used iatkos with nothing but the system since its basically vanilla as per the description. Then tried to manually install the kexts and kernel from the gigabyte files found in this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...149505&st=0 and ran dsdt patcher gui after find out that that allows me to use appleintelpowermanagment? nut this didnt not work results in automatic reboot

so i put that base iatkos os down again and boot to my working partition(same drive) to run the patcher found in that same thread since it seems to have everything i need built in says everything is good minus trying to set the partition active i figure cause it already is? it just gets stuck unmounting my HD's.

But i ran each step in patcher anyway and that just results in a verbose mode kind of boot up (my working on just goes straight to apple logo an gear) in which it constantly says through out while loading files the diskxxx is unsupported and then through a bigger stink over my ntfs disk and then eventually stops. So after trying to reboot into my good working OS notice it broke that to(but i have the working one backed up so whatever)

im sure im doing something wrong and i consider my self savy (im a former mac genius and fully certified apple tech for my current job). So i have retail copies of leopard and a macbook pro as well(if truly needed). Though i like these osx86 disks (downloading XxX 10.5.6 and IPC now) with the stripped out ppc code plus the just but right up with no effort

So please help if you can im sure i miss read something some were but ive been at this for to many days now and would like to be able to use my new computer instead of reloading it every night

also just noticed after boot back into vista that while booted to anything for osx86 even my good boot my led voltages are up on like every sensor on the board (north-bridge memory and at orange on my proc.)

If you have retail versions of the Leo installer, why are you using iatkos to install a "base" system prior to patching. That opens up a lot of unknowns, as we don't really know what is installed and what isn't. It may be a "base" system as far as the iatkos installer is concerned, but for a Retail DVD install method, it's likely to lead to unpredictable booting behavior.

It just may not be the issue in your case, but that would be the first thing I would change.

When you mention activating your partition and it getting stuck unmounting HDs, do you mean it never successfully unmounts the drives or that they never mount back when "finished?" If they never unmount, what files or processes are open or running, or is that information not displayed from the script?

If you tried to activate that partition, then, of course, it will affect your iatkos install, as that install will no longer be the primary partition the BIOS sees at boot. You likely would have to use the BIOS (F12) to select the proper drive to boot into the iatkos' installed bootloader.

Your brief description of the boot process doesn't reveal enough information to determine the issue. A picture of the boot log is generally the accepted practice.

kind regards,

MAJ

If you have retail versions of the Leo installer, why are you using iatkos to install a "base" system prior to patching. That opens up a lot of unknowns, as we don't really know what is installed and what isn't. It may be a "base" system as far as the iatkos installer is concerned, but for a Retail DVD install method, it's likely to lead to unpredictable booting behavior.

It just may not be the issue in your case, but that would be the first thing I would change.

When you mention activating your partition and it getting stuck unmounting HDs, do you mean it never successfully unmounts the drives or that they never mount back when "finished?" If they never unmount, what files or processes are open or running, or is that information not displayed from the script?

If you tried to activate that partition, then, of course, it will affect your iatkos install, as that install will no longer be the primary partition the BIOS sees at boot. You likely would have to use the BIOS (F12) to select the proper drive to boot into the iatkos' installed bootloader.

Your brief description of the boot process doesn't reveal enough information to determine the issue. A picture of the boot log is generally the accepted practice.

kind regards,

MAJ

i started using the iatkos because it was the first thing that worked trying to use boot 132 kept saying something about not being able to boot because my cpu multiplier was at 0 and that was not acceptable by OS X.

it was just continuously saying unmounting drives and never finishes i had to back out an continue on and i still was able to boot my iatkos but after gettin to the apple logo and gear i ended up getting a small white box with the prohibtory sign thorugh it. Oh and nothing else was running while trying to unmount i booted up with the soul purpose of running your patcher

sorrry for no pics it be kind of hard as that verbose screen goes fast and is very lengthy so unless i made a video it wouldnt see all of what goes on. I nuked the install already but as soon as i get home i can try again and document with pictures.

so i guess ill try to make my retail installer work though to me it makes no difference wether a distro or vanilla i just want what works best for my system