2 Hard drives

foohoo

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

first off thanks for all the help!

Right. I currently have 1 hard drive dual booting xp pro and iAtkos v5i, this is working great. So great in fact that I now want iAtkos to have its own 250gb rather than the 13gb test partition I made on my main hard drive.

I have ordered it but in the mean time I'd thought I better check for any potential problems, in light of that I have a few questions:

1. when I install my new hard drive, do I keep it as a primary (as it will contain an operating system) or do I make it a slave?

2. am I going to have to setup the boot loader any differently to how I currently have it?

3. Will I have to do anything special in the iAtkos install how that is is a separate hard drive as opposed to a partition?

plus if there is anything I need to do that I haven't thought about please let me know!

thx everyone!

Hi Guys!

first off thanks for all the help!

Right. I currently have 1 hard drive dual booting xp pro and iAtkos v5i, this is working great. So great in fact that I now want iAtkos to have its own 250gb rather than the 13gb test partition I made on my main hard drive.

I have ordered it but in the mean time I'd thought I better check for any potential problems, in light of that I have a few questions:

1. when I install my new hard drive, do I keep it as a primary (as it will contain an operating system) or do I make it a slave?

2. am I going to have to setup the boot loader any differently to how I currently have it?

3. Will I have to do anything special in the iAtkos install how that is is a separate hard drive as opposed to a partition?

plus if there is anything I need to do that I haven't thought about please let me know!

thx everyone!

Recommend you use MBR rather than GPT for partitioning the new HDD......Use Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your OS X System to the new HDD and then use OSx86Tools to install PC_EFI v8 bootloader to the new HDD......to dual boot XP and OS X use chain0 in XP boot.ini.....you can update to PC_EFI v9 or Chameleon 2.0 RC later if you wish.....