Samsung SH-S223F DVD/RW Help

PhatEd

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have got installed the iPC 10.5.6 flavour os x and am using the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel. Everything is working properly apart from my DVD drive. When I put a disc in it takes ages reading it and then comes up with a window saying its a blank disc and what do i wanna do with it. it clearly isn't a blank disc and is happening with dvd+/-r's and original discs too.

System profiler see's it and although it is listed under the SATA section it says that the protocol is ATAPI and not ATA like my other 2 SATA HDD show. Is this correct?

how can I fix this problem please folks. Oh, I have the appleNForceATA nforce drivers installed.

System spec is as follows:

MSI K9N Ultra nForce 570 chipset

AMD X2 4200+

2Gb DDR2 4200Mhz RAM

1 640Gb SATA HDD

1 160Gb SATA HDD

Thanks in advnace guys ;)

Bump...

Update: It turns out that I needed to use the ApplenForceATATest.kext from the install disc. This has now sorted half of my problem. I can now read discs perfectly but cannot write to them at all. It throws up an error saying that communication with the disc drive has failed.

Anyone else had this problem? Help would really be appreciated here guys!!!!???!!!!!

Thanks

Ian

Bump...

Update: It turns out that I needed to use the ApplenForceATATest.kext from the install disc. This has now sorted half of my problem. I can now read discs perfectly but cannot write to them at all. It throws up an error saying that communication with the disc drive has failed.

Anyone else had this problem? Help would really be appreciated here guys!!!!???!!!!!

Thanks

Ian

Your DVDRW is a SATA device........if AppleNForceATATest.kext still does not allow you to write as well as read, then you have a problem as I am not aware of an alternative nForceATA kext for solving SATA DVD issues.....

Your DVDRW is a SATA device........if AppleNForceATATest.kext still does not allow you to write as well as read, then you have a problem as I am not aware of an alternative nForceATA kext for solving SATA DVD issues.....

Right. Is it possible that I need to add the Device ID's and like to the kext?

Also, I cannot find anything in my BIOS to do with AHCI settings for my SATA...?

Is it likely to be listed as anything else in my BIOS?

Thanks

Right. Is it possible that I need to add the Device ID's and like to the kext?

Also, I cannot find anything in my BIOS to do with AHCI settings for my SATA...?

Is it likely to be listed as anything else in my BIOS?

Thanks

Is there seriously no one that can help? The lack of support here on these forums is dissapointing guys. A lot of people looking for answers but not many people willing to help!