iDeneb 10.5.6 Installation Problems (Not Physically Writing To Disk)

xenos^2

2 posts in this topic

Hi I have Kalyway 10.5.2 working very well on and old 140GB (SATA) disk which I have disconnected for the duration of this test! My aim is to get a recent build that will work on my:

GA-P35-DS4 - rev 2.0 - F13 BIOS

Samsung 320GB HD320HJ (SATA)

Jmicron IDE Controller with IDE Drive

(I have a RAID 0 array already set up with 2 other of these 320GB Samsung Drives for my Windows 7 and XP install (Kalyway and iDeneb just sees them as blank and I ignore them during install)).

I have checked the checksum of my download and burned with nero at 4x and verified the data on the disk.

When I insert disk it loads correctly and I press return or -v return and see no apparent error messages.

However when I go to ''Disk Utility'' it will not let me format my drive as Journaled or FAT, always gets stuck on ''Creating Partition Table".

I then used Gparted 0.4.3-2 to make the disk a HFS+ partition and I could see the drive greyed out in ''Select a Destination" during install process.

Then I used XP with Paragon Partition Manager to format it as FAT32 and it cannot see any drives now at all in the "Disk Utility", not even the others!

I have been back to my Kalyway 10.5.2 installer DVD and it also lists my DVD Drive in "Disk Utility" which does not happen under my iDeneb 10.5.6. More importantly it also gives an error message when I try to format my disk, it says "Resource Busy". I have NO idea why this is! Maybe OS X doesn't like my hard disk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't really understand EFI and havent installed anything at all for it so if I have missed something please explain! :)

Ok so I have installed successfully to a USB hard drive I had lying around. Will try on a different SATA drive in a day or two, no idea where this problem has come from though :-S

Are there any known hard drive incompatibilities?

iDeneb seems much more stable than my old Kalyway :unsure: