USB mouse freeze after 1 display/dock update

shaishap

7 posts in this topic

Just installed iPC 10.5.6 on my AMD machine.

After boot, mouse seem responsive (upon launch of graphical display) but after a minute freezes in the coordinates it was.

mouse buttons still operate, but x-hair not moving.

I have a PS/2 keyboard, and a USB mouse.

Any ideas?

I installed Patched USB option, IOUSBMassStorage Fix option, and PS/2 Keyboard fix.

Thanks,

for your problem, i think you can forget the Patched USB option & IOUSBMassStorage Fix option ....

just try to install PowerManagement Fix option :)

I appreciate some more help since I'm a bit noob on this.

What power management option are you talking about?

The one under Drivers > PowerManagement > AppleACPI?

or something under Fixes and Patches?

thanks.

i'm talking about the fix you can find under Fixes and Patches when you install iPC.

if you don't want to install your system again, you can also find the patch onto your install DVD of iPC, under "/System/Installation/Packages/OSx86Patches", i think the file is the one called "ACPIFix.pkg"

i'm talking about the fix you can find under Fixes and Patches when you install iPC.

if you don't want to install your system again, you can also find the patch onto your install DVD of iPC, under "/System/Installation/Packages/OSx86Patches", i think the file is the one called "ACPIFix.pkg"

Regarding my current status, it changed a bit, but I have looked over for your answer and:

I have searched the patches, and the only ones that have "Fix" in them are:

CPUS1Fix

FireWireMountFix.pkg

IOUSBMassStorageFix

NewHDIconFix

OrangeHDIconFix

PS2FixKeyboard

PS2FixMouse

USBMountFix

Also, there are no packages starting with AC* at all.

There are 2 packages that are called: AppleACPIPowerSource and AppleACPIBatteryPower, but they dont seem to be related. If not, can you send it to me?

Since its practically impossible for me to use the mouse, how do I install it (once I have it) from the CLI? (or is it a .kext, requiring a copy to the Extensins, and a force kext refresh?)

My update state is:

I am currently using USB keyboard and mouse.

I get past install, with no video driver, and all works well. After I install the Video Driver, the next reboot resolution is good, but the mouse behaves as before.

I have tried installing AppleAPIC.kext from Kalyway 10.5.2, but that didn't go well.

So, now, I can either use 1024x768 and mouse ok, or 1440x900, and mouse erratically.

Can you PLLLLEASE assist...

I am so close to making this work.

(I have searched every possible solution I could find, but none worked.)

I have a nVidia LX8400GS 512MB video if that is relevant).

Thanks a lot for your help.

• 6 months later...

Hello shaishap

I have exactely the same issue as you : i've got a Geforce 8600 GT and after installing Leo it's work but when i try to install video driver, i can't use the mouse (the keyboard is ok). I also use iPC 10.5.6 on a AMD. Do you solve this problem and if yes, how you fix it ?

Thanks a lot for answer and sorry for my english, i'm french

Today i try another install : i only used a mac mouse & keyboard, and i've got the same issu : install works, resolution is good, keyboard works but the mouse still doesn't work or when it works, it's just for one second .... argh, it's make me crazy :(

Any idea ?

Jean Marc