Installing on PM45-- mounting HD trouble!

cephasara2

2 posts in this topic

So I can't get this to install. I tried pressing F8 once the disc loaded. Then I hit "-v -x -s -F cpus=1" then after hitting enter i get to the setup and everything seems fine until I get asked where to install OS X. There are no options, so clicked on "Disk Utility" and tried to mount my drive but it wouldn't let it. I have one 200GB NTFS partition (windows 7) and one 50GB HFS+ (for OS X) plus 50GB of free unpartitioned space. For some reason it detects it as a Linux file format and not HFS+ like I thought it would. Either way, I restarted my computer hit "-v -x -s -F cpus=1" again then this time tried sbin/fsck -fy and sbin/mount -wd. After I entered the two lines it says the drive is mounted and that fsck is done. I then type exit like it says then I see a message that says "Singleuser boot -- fsck not done" followed by "Root device is mounted read-only"! Unless it's talking about the disk drive, otherwise I don't know what is going on.

On another note I tried changing my SATA controller from ACPI(?) to IDE/IDE-E to RAID. And I still encounterd the same problem.

And please don't tell me to use the search function, it doesn't work for me! It keeps telling me I don't have permission, but I activated my account on here. It already takes me about 10 tries just to log onto this site. And anyway, I went through 15 pages on here only to find one other thread with a problem like mine but nobody helped him unfortunatly. Please somebody help me and therefore everybody else who reads this having problems like me!

check my thread you posted in for exacts when we get it working :rolleyes:

what i had to do, go in windows and create a unformatted partition, then tell it to erase that partition in disk utility when you boot form the disc and format it as a non case sensitvie

what bios version are you running, im on 1.0p

yes change from AHCI to IDE compatibility