Installation Problem

BraiNfreeZe

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Mac Leopard OS X Retail DVD on my pc with Boot 132 on this set up:

Intel Celeron E1200 Dual Core @ 1.6Ghz

MSI P6NGM L Mobo w/ 800 FSB w Bios Ver 2.61

Based on the NVIDIA GeForce 7050 nForce 610i (MCP73V) chipsets

2 Gb DDR2 667

SATA Sony DL DVDRW

SATA WD 250Gb HDD

My problem is it hangs at the grey splash screen with the apple logo, and circular loading continuing on and on but nothing else happens. The screen never freezes, because the loading icon is still going, it's been loading for an hour now.

Ideally you should boot in Verbose Mode until you have your machine running the way you want. This can be done by using the -v boot-flag. When you start the computer up you will see the Darwin bootloader screen. This screen will count down and by pressing the requested key will give you a prompt to enter these boot-options. Now instead of getting a gray screen with Apple logo, you will get useful information about the boot process and see at which line it hangs on.

Ideally you should boot in Verbose Mode until you have your machine running the way you want. This can be done by using the -v boot-flag. When you start the computer up you will see the Darwin bootloader screen. This screen will count down and by pressing the requested key will give you a prompt to enter these boot-options. Now instead of getting a gray screen with Apple logo, you will get useful information about the boot process and see at which line it hangs on.

I loaded the Boot 132 disc, replaced it with the Leopard Install disc, typed -v next to boot: and pressed enter, next screen typed ef and pressed enter to boot Leopard disc, then it loaded Darwin and then went straight to the grey screen again no diagnostics.

I loaded the Boot 132 disc, replaced it with the Leopard Install disc, typed -v next to boot: and pressed enter, next screen typed ef and pressed enter to boot Leopard disc, then it loaded Darwin and then went straight to the grey screen again no diagnostics.

Update I froze the screen before the Boot 132 got into the Darwin loader, the screen said:

System config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

Anybody know what this means, I froze the screen before Darwin started and this is what I got:

System config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I'm trying to install this on a fresh hd, even tried formating the hard drive with gnome to hfs+ with no luck. Please help.

I finally got it through on verbose mode, there were no fails listed. Tried installing again, still apple grey screen with apple logo and loading wheel. No freezing of the wheel. Anyone have the bios settings for the MSI P6NGM L mobo. I set SATA RAID to AHCI and Disabled XD and Disabled CPID.

Need Help Please!

• 2 months later...