Sony Vaio VGN-FS 920 and Leo

DimQ

3 posts in this topic

Hi! Did somebody get Leo running on it? I tried different builds of Leo but still have no luck. :P with Leo4all i cannot even get an Installer.. The same is with Tiger builds.. Need your help!

Ideally you should boot in Verbose Mode until you have your machine running the way you want. This can be done by using the -v boot-flag. When you start the computer up you will see the Darwin bootloader screen. This screen will count down and by pressing the requested key will give you a prompt to enter these boot-options. Now instead of getting a gray screen with Apple logo, you will get useful information about the boot process and see at which line it hangs on.

Please provide us with some specifications about your system (CPU, Motherboard, Graphics & Model Number if applicable). Adding more specific information allows us to respond quickly with more precise answers. Chipset, LAN, Audio & If your Graphics are integrated or not, are excellent additions.

You can also place this information in your "Signature". It will then appear on every post you make. This can be done via My Controls: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...rCP&CODE=00

Please follow the rules described in this thread (Most importantly keeping your signature to no more than 5 lines of normal text: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=signatures

Ideally you should boot in Verbose Mode until you have your machine running the way you want. This can be done by using the -v boot-flag. When you start the computer up you will see the Darwin bootloader screen. This screen will count down and by pressing the requested key will give you a prompt to enter these boot-options. Now instead of getting a gray screen with Apple logo, you will get useful information about the boot process and see at which line it hangs on.

Please provide us with some specifications about your system (CPU, Motherboard, Graphics & Model Number if applicable). Adding more specific information allows us to respond quickly with more precise answers. Chipset, LAN, Audio & If your Graphics are integrated or not, are excellent additions.

You can also place this information in your "Signature". It will then appear on every post you make. This can be done via My Controls: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...rCP&CODE=00

Please follow the rules described in this thread (Most importantly keeping your signature to no more than 5 lines of normal text: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=signatures

so, i did it pretty well. With Leo4all it goes through the command lines to the blue screen and stucks there.. allmot with all builds except IPC 10.5.6. It tries to install it but in the end of installation it says that the installation was unsucsessful.

CPU-Z version 1.50-------------------------

Processors Map

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of processors 1

Number of threads 1

Processor 0

-- Core 0

-- Thread 0

Processors Information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor 1 (ID = 0)

Number of cores 1 (max 1)

Number of threads 1 (max 1)

Name Intel Pentium M 740

Codename Dothan

Specification Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz

Package Socket 479 mPGA (platform ID = 5h)

CPUID 6.D.8

Extended CPUID 6.D

Brand ID 22

Core Stepping C0

Technology 90 nm

Core Speed 798.1 MHz (6.0 x 133.0 MHz)

Rated Bus speed 532.1 MHz

Stock frequency 1733 MHz

Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2

L1 Data cache 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L1 Instruction cache 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L2 cache 2048 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

FID/VID Control yes

FID range 6.0x - 13.0x

max VID 1.356 V

Features XD

Chipset

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge Intel i915GMS/i910GML rev. 03

Southbridge Intel 82801FBM (ICH6-M) rev. 03

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 1024 MBytes

Channels Dual

Memory Frequency 266.0 MHz (1:2)

CAS# 4.0

RAS# to CAS# 4

RAS# Precharge 4

Cycle Time (tRAS) 12

Memory SPD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIMM #1

General

Memory type DDR2

Module format SO-DIMM

Manufacturer (ID) Infineon (C100000000000000)

Size 512 MBytes

Max bandwidth PC2-4300 (266 MHz)

Part number 64T64020HDL3.7A

Serial number --------

Manufacturing date Week 14/Year 06

Attributes

Number of banks 2

Data width 64 bits

Correction None

Nominal Voltage 1.80 Volts

EPP no

XMP no

Timings table

Frequency (MHz) 200 266 266

CAS# 3.0 4.0 5.0

RAS# to CAS# delay 3 4 4

RAS# Precharge 3 4 4

TRAS 9 12 12

TRC 12 16 16

DIMM #2

General

Memory type DDR2

Module format SO-DIMM

Manufacturer (ID) Nanya Technology (7F7F7F0B00000000)

Size 512 MBytes

Max bandwidth PC2-4300 (266 MHz)

Part number M2N51264TUH8A2F-37

Serial number --------

Manufacturing date Week 05/Year 07

Attributes

Number of banks 2

Data width 64 bits

Correction None

Nominal Voltage 1.80 Volts

EPP no

XMP no