Kalyway "Still waiting for root device" SATA issue?

pixelbot

4 posts in this topic

Hi I'm having a nightmare trying to install Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 on my Machine.

I get a screen that hangs with "Still waiting for root device" over and over again.

I have been looking around and it seems it some sort of sata issue.. I'm very confused.

Ill post my specs:

Intel Core2Quad 2.66Ghz Q6700 Processor

nForce 630i Motherboard

nVidia GeForce 7100TS 512MB Graphics

500GB Serial ATA 2.0 With 16MB Cache - SATA

Lightscribe 20X DVD+/-RW DL - IDE

4096MB (4GB) DDR2 RAM Memory

I'm a bit of a n00b and really desperate to get this working as I'm an avid apple fan and don't want to have to use... *gulp* ...vista! :D

Hi I'm having a nightmare trying to install Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 on my Machine.

I get a screen that hangs with "Still waiting for root device" over and over again.

I have been looking around and it seems it some sort of sata issue.. I'm very confused.

Ill post my specs:

Intel Core2Quad 2.66Ghz Q6700 Processor

nForce 630i Motherboard

nVidia GeForce 7100TS 512MB Graphics

500GB Serial ATA 2.0 With 16MB Cache - SATA

Lightscribe 20X DVD+/-RW DL - IDE

4096MB (4GB) DDR2 RAM Memory

I'm a bit of a n00b and really desperate to get this working as I'm an avid apple fan and don't want to have to use... *gulp* ...vista! :(

Seriously, this is a very common issue and lots of info on it. Look for a setting in your BIOS to run your SATA controller in AHCI mode.

Seriously, this is a very common issue and lots of info on it. Look for a setting in your BIOS to run your SATA controller in AHCI mode.

my sata controller was running in ahci mode. i actually got it to work by disabling usb. now it's installed it just hangs on apple logo with pin wheel underneath at boot. :(

my sata controller was running in ahci mode. i actually got it to work by disabling usb. now it's installed it just hangs on apple logo with pin wheel underneath at boot. :)

Check out my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset thread........ :censored2: