Triple Boot Ubuntu 8.10/Mac OS 10.5/W7

ombadboy

2 posts in this topic

Ive managed to install all 3 OSes on 3 different partitions, on the same drive.

Am using GUID partition scheme, 1st partition has a 200MB partition (not sure whether its Mac OS or W7 that created it),

then i got an NTFS Partition for Windows 7, then HFS+ for Mac OS and finally an ext3 one for Ubuntu (with GRUB installed on Ubuntu's partition and not the MBR)..

I can boot into all 3 OSes using different methods ( boot132 for Mac, W7 Bootloader for Windows and Linux) or by just swapping the active partition (except Mac OS) and am asking,

is there a way to integrate all 3 bootloaders into 1?

Am pretty sure that by installing Chameleon 2.0, it wont work (tried it numerous times, and i think it screws up the MBR table (and still doesnt work even after gptsyncing it, or repairing it using fdisk)).

Btw am trying to use the EFI Partition for Mac OS to install the bootloader on (assuming cham will be used), although if any other method will work, am happy to use that instead.

Sorry for my poor english &thnx in advance for your help.

update:

i've managed to add an entry in grub's menu.lst, which i can then get into chameleon bootloader screen from there, and select any of my 3 OSes.. (by using my linux partition as active).

the problem is tho, that when chameleon kicks into place, it always sets the 3rd partition active (HFS+) and then when i reboot i just get a blinking cursor, and have to manually change the active disk back to the 4th partition (Ubuntu one with GRUB installed on there), and then reboot.

any ideas how to make chameleon NOT change the active partition? or at least change it back to its original partition?