Installed To External USB ... Need to set verbose mode...

retrocade

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installled iDeneb 10.5.6 to an external USB drive and the install completed successfully. Now when I try to boot for the first time it eventually locks up on the grey apple logo loading screen. Now I need to see what is causing the problem and I know you can press command and v to set verbose mode but when I press this after selecting my external drive to boot to it doesnt work.

Am I correct in saying that the Windows key is the mapped command key? If so how can get it to boot verbose so I can see whats wrong in booting?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have installled iDeneb 10.5.6 to an external USB drive and the install completed successfully. Now when I try to boot for the first time it eventually locks up on the grey apple logo loading screen. Now I need to see what is causing the problem and I know you can press command and v to set verbose mode but when I press this after selecting my external drive to boot to it doesnt work.

Am I correct in saying that the Windows key is the mapped command key? If so how can get it to boot verbose so I can see whats wrong in booting?

Thanks in advance.

After you selected your external drive with MacOS on it, press 'f8', that brings you into the bootloader mode and than you can type: '-v' to start in verbose mode