errors and freezes after install.

Skwerl23

4 posts in this topic

so i have a new install, and it works amazingly awesome, well most the time.

i was have random crashes, so i checked the crash log, and they blamed it on tioga driver, which i fixed with the rosetta fix, now i have fixed that.

but sometimes it freezes when im multi tasking, "transmission" "firefox" "installing a program

" (not like overloading, just a couple things at the same time), and especially i've noticed with anything that is internet related, but that tidbit might just be paranoia...

if i'm doing stuff and hit spotlight it freezes.

anyhow i've also noticed my cpu fan slowed way down, i'm wondering if this is the error. as in i do too much and the cpu gets a tad to hot, and then retarded.

my pc is 2 years old, and its a nforce 3 250, socket 754 amd athlon 3400+ venice 64

how do i speed up my fan, and how do i find out what is crashing my system,

spin control would help me, but how do i get that.

Try booting using the boot-flag maxmem=2048 and see if your freezes stop. If they do post back and we can talk about some fixes.

thanks for the response i will try that, i also just replaced forcedeth.kext with nforcelan.kext

this may be my problem aswell.

EDIT: so i have booted with maxmem=2048, and i have set it as a kernel flag so it always does it, i don't notice a difference, my system says its using 2gigs now, but still reports each stick as 2 gigs individually.

no freezes, but they can be minutes to 24 hrs, :/ i am gonna try to load the system up now.

i just loaded the {censored} out of my system and no freeze, but that doesnt prove anything, and i dont know if its the maxmem or the nforcelan

if it was the maxmem deal, what were you gonna suggest as a fix?

Try booting using the boot-flag maxmem=2048 and see if your freezes stop. If they do post back and we can talk about some fixes.

So, I've had a freeze, i installed ClamXav, and when it finished installing the antivirus addon, i hit Command-Tab, and that window came up, and then i had the spin wheel of death, i could move my mouse, and the dock becomes unresponsive, my mouse turns into a pointer at the dock however.

Any help would be appreciated. thats how it always freezes.