Install Problems

kohakuhyuuga

4 posts in this topic

OK, I've been trying, with no success, to install OSx86 iDeneb 10.5.5 on my PC. I used the normal 10.5.5 ISO, and I tried using the NVIDIA patch. When I boot from the CD, I get to the gray screen with the apple logo. it looks like it's loading, then a small gray box with a cancel sign inside it goes over the middle of the apple logo. It stays right there when I use the either the normal disk and the patched one. Any help to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

Mobo: Asus M2A-VM AMD 690G Chipset with integrated Radeon X1250 Graphics

Graphics: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB DDR2 RAM

4 GB of RAM

80GB IDE WD Caviar SE HDD

when booting, you need to hit f8 at the darwin prompt, then type -v... this will list everything that's going on during boot (instead of the apple graphic that you've been seeing). When it gets to your error, you then have a starting point to search for solution.

I used the -v command. It is "waiting on root device." About every minute it repeats that and keeps waiting. How do I fix this?

Go into the bios and try different modes for the HDD's configuration. I'm using an ASUS MoBo, so i had to set mine to IDE COMPATIBILITY mode. I dont know what it would look like on your board, but try fiddling with the storage settings(I think) and see what works.

Go into the bios and try different modes for the HDD's configuration. I'm using an ASUS MoBo, so i had to set mine to IDE COMPATIBILITY mode. I dont know what it would look like on your board, but try fiddling with the storage settings(I think) and see what works.

Also, once the OS is installed, you need to put it back in AHCI mode or it wont boot up. GOOD LUCK!!