Retail install slower than IAtkos

Mephistol

2 posts in this topic

I got a new hd and decided to do a retail install. I did a clean retail install from within my iatkos install onto the new hd, put chameleon 2.0 on it, and put my mkext in there with the extensions I needed. Anyways, I still have both installs intact, both are bootable.. However, my retail install which I'm trying to migrate to (and then eventually drop the iatkos install) is noticeably slower, especially when playing movies. There's some bad frame slowing and almost jerkiness, and the mouse is jerky sometimes. I thought it was the video kext, so I got rid of natit.kext and am now using the EFI string and I still have problems.

Anyways, here's my hardware:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R

Q6600

Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 512 MB

4 Gigs DDR2

Firewire Card

Everything is detected, supported, working fine, the only problem I see is dmesg giving me hdaenabler errors, but I'll fix that later since sound is working fine.

The extensions I have in my mkext in /Extra are:

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

Disabler.kext

IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext

AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

AppleIntel8255x.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

JMicronATA.kext

Apple3Com3C90x.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

AppleUSBEthernet.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext

IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

AppleYukon2.kext

IOATABlockStorage.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

Apple_DEC21x4Ethernet.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

RealtekR1000.kext

I can probably get rid of half of those, but they were on the boot132 disc for my board so I figured I'd leave them for now and trim later.

My 3 hd's are all SATA, ahci enabled on ICH9 controllers. Ethernet/sound are onboard. I'm thinking it's something to do with video, as I have problems when the screen turns off (energy saving stuff), when I try to wake the monitor I get tv static/snow which will go away after a couple minutes or so (I turned off the energy saving and just switched to a screensaver).

Edit: guess I spoke too soon. I thought it was fixed, but its blatantly obvious when I play hd videos. frames freeze about every 3 seconds. I've done everything I can think of short of deleting the efi string and trying nvkush. any ideas would be appreciated