Forced Reboot - When D/Ling Files With Safari

2 posts in this topic

if i try to download a file, i usually get forced reboots... that prompt that asks you to restart your computer. it seems like it only happens with Larger file sizes, and only when the file download completes. it's got to be something with converting the downloaded data into the end result file right?

i first noticed it trying to download iTunes 8.1 from the web, but i just ended up using Apple Update Software from within the OS and forgot about it. it just happened again trying to download VLC media player. other than that, this thing seems to be running flawlessly.

i'm running iPC 10.5.6 right now. there is no error code, just the please reboot your computer prompt that overlays the whole screen. anyone know what could be going on?

turns out it's not the downloading, but actually the installation of the files. i disabled the automatic Launch after Download Completes in Safari... but i notice a lot of installs are causing my computer to freeze up and force a reboot.

just as a few examples... i believe both Winrar and VLC player did it.

still looking for help please, anyone? it took me so long to get all my hardware going, and now that i switched from Kalyway to iPC to use 1.5.6 i'm seeing this problem all the sudden.