Questions about install and dual boot.

KTK1990

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have a final coming up for school soon and would love to run the mac version of a program. But I don't want to clog up my iMac with expired adobe product trials of Premiere Pro and After Effects.

I was wondering if this would work. I have a HP Dv7t with a Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530, 4 gigs of ram....... I am also running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I was thinking of making a 40 gig or so partition on my pc. Using iDeneb 10.5.5 and installing that on the new partition. Putting the programs on there and when im done then going back into windows and formatting that partition (Format it as fat32 first from the iDeneb DVD.) Then opening up MSCONFIG.exe and checking boot paths to remove the OS X boot path.

I currently have 1 HD in my laptop and would like to dual boot between them with-ought messing it up. I don't want to re-install vista or have any problems booting and I would love to not brick the laptop.

This would be my first time really running OS X on a non mac pc.

doesnt this machine have Esata port ? :censored2: boot from external if you Dont want to mess up the restore of the Hp recovery manager.. or swap drives for real GUID disk. chameleon 2RC1 boots just about everything for me in xp desktop , dual sata drives port0 is mbr type but i put chameleon on ending of it and NTFS is on beginning. but i put chameleon on both. the osx drive i have it on beginning named EFI.

doesnt this machine have Esata port ? :) boot from external if you Dont want to mess up the restore of the Hp recovery manager.. or swap drives for real GUID disk. chameleon 2RC1 boots just about everything for me in xp desktop , dual sata drives port0 is mbr type but i put chameleon on ending of it and NTFS is on beginning. but i put chameleon on both. the osx drive i have it on beginning named EFI.

Yes the laptop has Esata/USB port on it.

I dont have a HD with a esata port through... But I do have a 120 gig External HD with USB 2.0 that has nothing on it ( My 1TB drive has stuff and my 750 has pc backups)

Is Chameleon necessary? I dont really want to install much on this pc that might mess it up. At around May I plan on just booting Vista.

Do you think installing OS X on the 120 gig USB external HD would work well? I would plug it into the USB/Esata port (Unless that is the same speed as regular USB) and have it boot from USB drive (Got to check if BIOS supports it, i think it does)

Yes the laptop has Esata/USB port on it.

I dont have a HD with a esata port through... But I do have a 120 gig External HD with USB 2.0 that has nothing on it ( My 1TB drive has stuff and my 750 has pc backups)

Is Chameleon necessary? I dont really want to install much on this pc that might mess it up. At around May I plan on just booting Vista.

Do you think installing OS X on the 120 gig USB external HD would work well? I would plug it into the USB/Esata port (Unless that is the same speed as regular USB) and have it boot from USB drive (Got to check if BIOS supports it, i think it does)

you could clone your internal drive to the usb ext then have fun with internal drive and osx.

easy ways to clone drive with bootable cds