EVGA 780i FTW OS X only

wildbob

2 posts in this topic

Hiya Folks,

I'm looking to do this on an empty machine..No duel bootloading..etc.(well, maybe I'll put my vista drive back in and select it via bios boot options..anyway...).. I'd like to use RAID 0 (not a biggie if that's a no-go). I have a legit os X disk. I've seen a zillion posts of a zillion methods none of which seem to fit my project. Some say boot-132..some say chameleon..what distro..will raid work if theres a current guide out there for the 780i chipset can someone throw me a clue. I've downloaded boot-kabyl-bumpy and ideneb 10.5.5 am i on the right track? I already have a mac running if that helps any ideas?

Specs:

EVGA 780i FTW

quad core Q6600

4 gigs corsair 1066 dominator mem

EVGA 8800 GTX (AC3)

2x WD Caviar Blue 500Gb SATA in RAID 0 config.

IDE DVD

.45 Auto (just in case)

Hiya Folks,

I'm looking to do this on an empty machine..No duel bootloading..etc.(well, maybe I'll put my vista drive back in and select it via bios boot options..anyway...).. I'd like to use RAID 0 (not a biggie if that's a no-go). I have a legit os X disk. I've seen a zillion posts of a zillion methods none of which seem to fit my project. Some say boot-132..some say chameleon..what distro..will raid work if theres a current guide out there for the 780i chipset can someone throw me a clue. I've downloaded boot-kabyl-bumpy and ideneb 10.5.5 am i on the right track? I already have a mac running if that helps any ideas?

Specs:

EVGA 780i FTW

quad core Q6600

4 gigs corsair 1066 dominator mem

EVGA 8800 GTX (AC3)

2x WD Caviar Blue 500Gb SATA in RAID 0 config.

IDE DVD

.45 Auto (just in case)

Check out my nForce 7 Series chipset thread.......start with post #1 reading carefully and matching your BIOS settings with those recommended for 780i.......you must have set

RAID Enable [Enabled]

SATA 0 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 0 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

so that you can enable or disable the SATA functions. This because WHEN you set RAID Enable to [Disabled], all SATA functions are changed to Disabled and cannot be changed.

Metallica35 who has posted in the thread has a EVGA 780i SLI FTW mobo which is similar to yours in nearly all respects......and has got iPC running on it.......(see here and the two previous posts above this post)....... :)