10.5.6 on MS-1651

Skullzaflare

4 posts in this topic

msi ms-1651(gx620) / t5450 / 2x2gb OCZ / 500gb seagate / 9600m gt 512 / pm45

i have tried 2 versions of 10.5.6, iPC PPF5 final, and iDeneb 1.4

both when loading the disc, will restart the computer.

-x, -f, -v do nothing

should i remove 2 gb? or cpu=1 ?

any ideas?

update

using "-v -x -s -f cpus=1" i got it to install

now when i load the OS, it stops at the "using 16384 buffer headers....."

and it just sits there, AHCI is disabled

Hmm I'm a MS-1651 owner too and I'm a noob to anything OS X. I haven't been able to get iPC to work but I haven't tried "-v -x -s -f cpus=1". I'll give that a shot later. Does it work for iPC or iDeneb?

I cannot believe there isn't a good guide out there for installing OS X.

From what I've read on other thread, other people have the same problem when attempting to load iPC with both cores enabled. Maybe that's where the problem lies, though I may offer no guidance hopefully I provide reassurance.. you're not the only MS-1651 user out there, or PM45 chipset user, as bleak as this forum is in terms of help.

Edit: Don't you need AHCI enabled for this to install?? (I read in some distant, non traceable thread anyway) How do you disable/enable it? Heck I don't even know what it is.. but I'm about to look it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm I'm a MS-1651 owner too and I'm a noob to anything OS X. I haven't been able to get iPC to work but I haven't tried "-v -x -s -f cpus=1". I'll give that a shot later. Does it work for iPC or iDeneb?

I cannot believe there isn't a good guide out there for installing OS X.

From what I've read on other thread, other people have the same problem when attempting to load iPC with both cores enabled. Maybe that's where the problem lies, though I may offer no guidance hopefully I provide reassurance.. you're not the only MS-1651 user out there, or PM45 chipset user, as bleak as this forum is in terms of help.

Edit: Don't you need AHCI enabled for this to install?? (I read in some distant, non traceable thread anyway) How do you disable/enable it? Heck I don't even know what it is.. but I'm about to look it up.

i do have it installed and fully working other than our audio is headphones only

i used iPC

i chose the following to install

and yes, it has to be limited as 1 cpu on boot and install otherwise it doesnt work. i dont know if i have both cores in the OS or not though.

also, i disabled AHCI for install, only way i could get it to work, reenabled after install, worked fine. (ran ide compatible mode)

under drivers choose

-video drivers - nvidia - NVdarwin 512mb

-chipset drivers - intel ICHx sat drivers

-audio drivers - alcxxx- ALC888

-ethernet drivers- realtek r1000

-wireless (depends on yours, i have a dell card)

-power management - voodoo power

under fixes and patches

-ACPI fix

-CPUS-1 one core fix

-dual boot time sync (if your dual booting)

-IOPCIFamily.kext patched

-ps / 2 device support - ps / 2 keyboard fix (only need the keyboard, it allows both the touchpad and keyboard after install, otherwise after a reboot they stop)

thats it. after its done installing, go back in bios and reenable AHCI, i went into mac first though

i suggest when first booted go ahead and do a repair permissions