Leopard on PowerBook G4 1.25Ghz

Caprica01

4 posts in this topic

Ok first off I have read through the tutorial on how to condense the Leopard.dmg file to fit on a SL-DVD.

I have gone through it a number of times, but I can't get the size of the file reduced at all.

I have gone through to step 18 to "Verify in Disc Utility on the size of your dump (should be 4.3Gb or less)"

but all it shows is the image size as 7GB.

I have completely removed all the language and printer .pkg entries, and the developer tools, and still the image size will not reduce.

I am confused.

SPECS

======

PowerBook G4 1.25Ghz

512mb ram

80GB H/D

Current OS: 10.4.11

Leopard.dmg file version: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Full Retail

I know this does not address your question but I wanted to offer this experience for consideration...

I installed Leopard on my iBook 1.33/1.5gigs Ram/60 gig HD and would NOT recommend it. I noticed that the machine was considerably slower and ran hotter which decreased an already diminished battery life. It was quite common to see CPU usage at 100% most of the time. It would only run one or two apps (Word and Safari) without moving at a crawl.

If you are serious about Leopard, then you will want to upgrade RAM to make Leopard a tolerable experience.

I know this does not address your question but I wanted to offer this experience for consideration...

I installed Leopard on my iBook 1.33/1.5gigs Ram/60 gig HD and would NOT recommend it. I noticed that the machine was considerably slower and ran hotter which decreased an already diminished battery life. It was quite common to see CPU usage at 100% most of the time. It would only run one or two apps (Word and Safari) without moving at a crawl.

If you are serious about Leopard, then you will want to upgrade RAM to make Leopard a tolerable experience.

I was wondering whether or not my system specs would be able to run Leopard 10.5.6.

I might wait till I can afford one of the newer MacBooks with the Intel chips. I only bought the PowerBook cheap off ebay as my first MAC experience to see what they were like. I'm a MAC '{censored}' now. lol.

It was only after I bought it, that a MAC friend told me I'd got the PowerBook Pro version. I told him how much I'd paid for it, and he said he'd buy it off me when I wanted to get rid.