Installation of OSx86 on a Acer Aspire One?

Coburn 64

4 posts in this topic

Howdy all,

I've recently ordered a Acer Aspire One from my local computer store, but it was DOA and I sent it back. Currently, I'm waiting for the new one to arrive.

I have a old copy of iATKOS 1.0i I think on a DVD somewhere. Would this work on a Acer Aspire One (Model Number: AOA150)? I thought I could have a portable apple-powered netbook for a lot less than buying the whole MacBook combo.

If Mac OS X does work on the Acer Aspire One, could you please tell me what version works? Does every work out-of-the-box (sound, wifi, etc)?

Cheers,

Coburn 64.

Howdy all,

I've recently ordered a Acer Aspire One from my local computer store, but it was DOA and I sent it back. Currently, I'm waiting for the new one to arrive.

I have a old copy of iATKOS 1.0i I think on a DVD somewhere. Would this work on a Acer Aspire One (Model Number: AOA150)? I thought I could have a portable apple-powered netbook for a lot less than buying the whole MacBook combo.

If Mac OS X does work on the Acer Aspire One, could you please tell me what version works? Does every work out-of-the-box (sound, wifi, etc)?

Cheers,

Coburn 64.

I have an Aspire One running 10.5.6 with QE/CI graphics support, battery monitor, audio in/out, webcam & card reader working. The one thing you should know is that unlike windows and linux GUIs OSX needs at least a height resolution of 768. Your Aspire One has a max of 600 so you will run into problems where a window, which is not resizable, extends past the edge of the screen. If there are buttons down there you wont be able to reach them.

If I were you I would look for a more recent distro. iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) is a great choice and I believe it even has a section for Netbooks under customization. You can install using an external cd drive or you can restore the install disk to a thumb drive or external harddrive and boot from it.

The Wifi card is not supported however you can purchase a replacement that is supported for around $12 us and they are pretty easy to replace.

This is a good post however a great deal of steps can be eliminated by looking for a more recent distro:

http://www.venera7.com/22-11-2008/installi...e-macbook-nano/