Hardware suggestions for Quad Core Hackintosh …

iBlack

5 posts in this topic

Hi there guys,

I would like to ask for an Advice here, I'm trying to assemble a dual Processor or Quad Core Hackintosh Machine, and I'm looking for advice regarding the ingredients, what Motherboard to use, I need also a high end Graphics card for Video Editing performance, and a perfect Audio and network card, I would also be looking for some Video in and Output cards like Black Magic or other types, the point here is to create the ultimate editing machine for both MacOSX and Windows on Intel based processor.

Any advice will be great, and Thanks in Advance …

Hi there guys,

I would like to ask for an Advice here, I'm trying to assemble a dual Processor or Quad Core Hackintosh Machine, and I'm looking for advice regarding the ingredients, what Motherboard to use, I need also a high end Graphics card for Video Editing performance, and a perfect Audio and network card, I would also be looking for some Video in and Output cards like Black Magic or other types, the point here is to create the ultimate editing machine for both MacOSX and Windows on Intel based processor.

Any advice will be great, and Thanks in Advance …

Search the site. I went with a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P with a Gigabyte 8600 Video card, 4 gb ram, quad 2.6GHz... Couldn't be happier. I originally had a core duo 2.something Ghz and found video rendering too slow. Slipped in a Quad and I'm much happier. Just go straight to quad. If you go with what I've mentioned above you and google or search this site for the kext, etc. needed to make it work.

Cheers

Search the site. I went with a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P with a Gigabyte 8600 Video card, 4 gb ram, quad 2.6GHz... Couldn't be happier. I originally had a core duo 2.something Ghz and found video rendering too slow. Slipped in a Quad and I'm much happier. Just go straight to quad. If you go with what I've mentioned above you and google or search this site for the kext, etc. needed to make it work.

Cheers

Machine in my Signature works fine :-)

Ive setup two idetical machines that run perfectly with iatkos 5i, mainly for fcp and batch transcodes of RED footage thats quite processor intensive for mac and heavy compositing for pc.

asus p5ew64 evolution

intel 2.8 quad

8gb 1600 ram

9800 gtx+

the only thing not working was the fw, so I got a cheap fw800 card that does the job

Maybe you should consider the new i7 processors, they are quite faster than the previous quadcores.