Tutorial released for Apple logo LCD mod

Guest Tutorial released for Apple logo

1 post in this topic

Guest Tutorial released for Apple logo

apple_logo_glow1.jpg

Last month, we reported on an impressive MacBook modification that placed an LCD behind the machine's Apple logo, giving it a useless (but extremely cool) second independent display. Many speculated about how this could have been done, and one of our own forum users even did a quick and dirty video of how it could have been faked.

Today, however, we have answers. The creator of the hack has posted a tutorial on his site for those among you with the intestinal fortitude to attempt such things. In my original article, I assumed that the display was tapping into the machine's video out. Therefore, using an external display along with it would not be possible. It turns out, however, that the hack actually uses a USB display (that's the sound of my hand hitting my forehead)—a Century Japan USB-4300U to be specific, which is neatly tied into the logic board. The author mentions that the hack does lead to the loss of one external USB port, but only when the LCD is drawing power from it.

Click here to read the rest of this article

i

apple?i=5dCFDXG4JUA:0aZwxXxCQtU:V_sGLiPBpWU apple?i=5dCFDXG4JUA:0aZwxXxCQtU:F7zBnMyn0Lo apple?d=qj6IDK7rITs apple?d=yIl2AUoC8zA

5dCFDXG4JUA