iPC & Gigabyite GA-EP45-UD3R Problem after Install

farukp

11 posts in this topic

Hi. I have a problem with my osx86 instalation.

i have downloaded iPC 10.5.6 LiveDVD + Installer DVD and used the LiveDVD Part with no Problem.

When I tried to install it using these instructions from the HCL:

* Note: I do not use any FLOPPY, IDE, PS/2, COM, PARALLEL PORTS, and disabled them in bios. As Vanilla as possible!

* Kernel: Vanilla, no kernel selected

* Video drivers: None, Nvidia - 8600GT 512MB Used EFI String

* Chipset drivers: Intel ICH10 SATA (don't select any other SATA icon fix)

* Audio: ALC889a

* Ethernet: Realtek R1000 onboard / Netgear GA311 (native OS/X support)

* USB drivers: Patched USB driver

* Power management: PowerManagement Package

* Fixes, patches: Dual Boot Time Sync; Shutdown/Restart fix

* DSDT patches: nothing

* AppleSMBIOS patch: SMBIOSResolver

* Bootloaders: nothing

After the install the system starts to boot and then there is a black screen and thats it. I can only restart.

I installed it using these instructions but also the nvinject 0.2.1 512mb for my 9400GT PNY

Can you tell me what could be wrong here?

This is my hardware:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, P45

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

Corsair DIMM Kit 4GB, 2x2gb, cl5

PNY VERTO 9400GT, 512MB, 2xDVI

NO IDE Drives, no PS2, no FLOPPY, etc....

Hi. I have a problem with my osx86 instalation.

i have downloaded iPC 10.5.6 LiveDVD + Installer DVD and used the LiveDVD Part with no Problem.

When I tried to install it using these instructions from the HCL:

* Note: I do not use any FLOPPY, IDE, PS/2, COM, PARALLEL PORTS, and disabled them in bios. As Vanilla as possible!

* Kernel: Vanilla, no kernel selected

* Video drivers: None, Nvidia - 8600GT 512MB Used EFI String

* Chipset drivers: Intel ICH10 SATA (don't select any other SATA icon fix)

* Audio: ALC889a

* Ethernet: Realtek R1000 onboard / Netgear GA311 (native OS/X support)

* USB drivers: Patched USB driver

* Power management: PowerManagement Package

* Fixes, patches: Dual Boot Time Sync; Shutdown/Restart fix

* DSDT patches: nothing

* AppleSMBIOS patch: SMBIOSResolver

* Bootloaders: nothing

After the install the system starts to boot and then there is a black screen and thats it. I can only restart.

I installed it using these instructions but also the nvinject 0.2.1 512mb for my 9400GT PNY

Can you tell me what could be wrong here?

This is my hardware:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, P45

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

Corsair DIMM Kit 4GB, 2x2gb, cl5

PNY VERTO 9400GT, 512MB, 2xDVI

NO IDE Drives, no PS2, no FLOPPY, etc....

Hi. I was able to get it up and running installing again without nvinject. then I installed the drivers someone suggested here in the forum. everything looked great until I connected a USB Hub with several external Drives connected to it. now the system won't start. I get "still waiting for root device"....

Help!!!

Try without Patched USB driver. My USB works without but I have not tested extensively. I have not tried to boot with a USB device connected.

Also is the 889a driver working for you? it doesn't work for me. I'll post mine if you need it.

Try without Patched USB driver. My USB works without but I have not tested extensively. I have not tried to boot with a USB device connected.

Also is the 889a driver working for you? it doesn't work for me. I'll post mine if you need it.

Hi. Ok I had some luck and suddanly USB works. I did not do anything. somehow it just works now.

The Audio of the DVD did not work. I had to use the one posted here on the forum. But please also post yours. I would like to have them saved somewhere.

The video is working great with the 9400GT kexts posted here.

Can you describe to me how you installed yours? What distribution, options etc...

This was just a test install. I want to buy a WD Raptor and install it on there so that I can really work fast with my hackintosh....

I have two partitions, the first is a iPC install and the other is a retail install.

I use iPC OSx86 Universal install 10.5.6, I select the following options:

Chipset Drivers

Intel ICH10 SATA Support

JMicroATA for JMicron IDE

Ethernet Drivers

Realtek R1000

Fixes and Patches

Shutdown / Restart

AppleSMBIOS Patch

SMBIOSResolver

I use the iPC install only to install the retail OSX on the other partition and to use as a back up in case an apple update messes up the main install.

I am working on using the EFI partition to store my kexts with Chameleon 2.0RC1. This way I can retail install and apple update without fear of un-doing my kexts.

oh, check your BIOS settings, all the SATA stuff needs to be set to AHCI. There's a post around somewhere for a similar Gigabyte board with the options that should be set in BIOS.

Mine seems to be working fine.

Q9400

8GB

GeForce 9800GT 512MB

- Make sure in the BIOS you have the SATA settings (I found 2 places) set to AHCI

During install I chose:

• Kernel: Vanilla, no kernel selected
  • Chipset drivers: Intel ICH10
  • Audio: ALC889a
  • Ethernet: Realtek R1000 onboard
  • USB drivers: Patched USB driver
  • Power management: PowerManagement Package
  • Fixes, patches: Dual Boot Time Sync; Shutdown/Restart fix
  • DSDT patches: DSDT Patch
  • AppleSMBIOS patch: SMBIOSResolver
  • Bootloaders: nothing

I tried the video kexts on the iPC disc with no luck. I was getting the black screen you described.

Then I used the nvinject 0.2.1 512MB from the iDeneb disc. That worked! It may be the same install package you can find on the nvinject site, I'm not sure.

To get audio working, I used Kext helper to install the 3 packages included in this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=40759

So far, evrything seems to be running great.

How did you install the Retail after the iPC install? Complicated?

Hi. I installed now the System on a new 640 GB Harddrive (S-Ata) and I get stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data". When I leave the iPC DVD inside it goes past that and loads the system.

HELP!!!

EDIT:

I installed again and selected this time the Dual Boot Time fix and the DSDT patch. Now everything works fine...

• 5 months later...

I installed using ipc 10.5.6 universal.

-In Bios-

*Disabled firewire(was causing booting problems)

*Azialia codec - enabled

*Sata/raid mode - ahci :::::(This option worked for me when it was disabled too...so whatever)

///Now look for ep45-ud3r

Follow what you must install.

====Quiky selection====

Kernel: Vanilla, no kernel selected

Chipset drivers: Intel ICH10

Audio: ALC889a

Ethernet: Realtek R1000 onboard

USB drivers: Patched USB driver

Power management: PowerManagement Package

Fixes, patches: Dual Boot Time Sync; Shutdown/Restart fix

DSDT patches: DSDT Patch

AppleSMBIOS patch: SMBIOSResolver

///I got sound working from using these forums ALC889a. Use kext helper. Download this file for ALC889a. I didnt run the .sh file thr. i just installed the kexts.

You might need the HDAenabler here

I have 9600gt pny and i used ndarwin 512 mb

After Installation

*I got a firewire problem. defaulting to secure mode but no boot. so i disabled firewire.

*Then i got "still waiting for root device".-----Set to this. Your mac hdd must be connected to sata0 if running multiple sata devices. The rest...who cares. {my mac hdd is a 465gb (seagate 500gb) single partition connected to sata0. my second hdd connected sata1 and sata dvd on sata 2.

*Now when my system sleeps it dies. Set power options to no sleep unless you get a fix. I havent searched because im a power user not a sleep user so its not on my agenda, however i will post when i come across a fix.

*This all worked for me. Happy toshing!